|Autonomous community||Valencian Community|
|• Alcalde||Jorge Rodríguez Gramage (2011) (PSPV-PSOE)|
|• Total||125.43 km2 (48.43 sq mi)|
|Elevation||382 m (1,253 ft)|
|• Density||280/km2 (730/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Official language(s)||Spanish and Valencian|
Ontinyent ( Valencian: [ontiˈɲent]) is a municipality in the comarca of Vall d'Albaida in the Valencian Community, Spain. It is situated on the right bank of the Clariano or Ontinyent, a tributary of the Xúquer, and on the Xàtiva–Alcoi railway.
Ontinyent has a parish church remarkable for its lofty square tower, and a palace of the dukes of Almodòver. By 1910 there was a large modern suburb outside the old town, which was a walled city; some vestiges of the ramparts still remain. In 1910 linen and woolen cloth, paper, brandy, furniture and earthenware were manufactured; and there was some trade in cereals, wine, almonds and olive oil.
- Juan Carlos Ferrero, former world no. 1 tennis player, was born in Ontinyent
- Joaquín Lloréns Fernández de Cordoba, a Carlist soldier and politician, lived in Ontinyent 1879 to 1930.
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Onteniente". Encyclopædia Britannica. 20 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 118.
- Comparsa Saudites d'Ontinyent (in English) (en valencià) (en español)
- Ontinyent Tourist Information
- Weather in Ontinyent: Weather information for Ontinyent, as well as prior weather information, maps, and weather-related graphics (Catalan)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ontinyent.|
|This article about a location in the Valencian Community, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|