A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Atanas Kiryakov, CEO |
Vassil Momtchev, CTO
Ontotext Semantic Platform, GraphDB Cloud, Media & Publishing solutions, Marketing Intelligence solutions, Life Sciences & Healthcare solutions, Compliance & Document Management solutions,solutions for Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums (GLAM)
Number of employees
|Website||Ontotext web site|
Ontotext is a Bulgarian software company headquartered in Sofia. It is the semantic technology branch of Sirma Group. Its main domain of activity is the development of software products and solutions based on the Semantic Web languages and standards, in particular RDF, OWL and SPARQL. Ontotext is best known for its GraphDB semantic graph database engine. Another major business line is the development of enterprise knowledge management and analytics systems that involve big knowledge graphs. Those systems are developed on top of the Ontotext Platform that builds on top of GraphDB capabilities for text mining using big knowledge graphs.
Ontotext content management systems deliver semantic tagging, classification, recommendation, search and discovery services. Typically such solutions involve semantic data integration that results in a big knowledge graph, which combines proprietary master data with open data and commercially available datasets. These big knowledge graphs are used to provide context about the corresponding domain and semantic profiles of the key concepts and entities in it.
- Ontotext GraphDB (formerly OWLIM) - an RDF triplestore available in three versions - Free, Standard and Enterprise. GraphDB is optimized for metadata and master data management, graph analytics and data publishing. Since version 8.0 GraphDB integrates OpenRefine to allow for easy ingestion and reconciliation of tabular data
- Ontotext Platform - providing an enrichment suite for text mining and semantic annotation, data integration tools that can transform data into RDF, and tools for semantic curation allowing users to search the knowledge base and curate content at the same time
Ontotext runs several public demonstration services:
- NOW - News On the Web shows how a news feed can be categorized and enriched, implementing semantic faceted search. It demonstrates the capabilities of semantic technology for publishing purposes
- Rank - news popularity ranking of companies. Supports rankings by industry sectors and countries, including subsidiaries. Based on semantic tags that link news articles to big knowledge graph of linked open data
- Fact Forge - hub for open Linked data and news about people, organizations and locations. It includes more than 1 billion facts from popular datasets such as DBpedia, Geonames, Wordnet, the Panama Papers, etc., as well as ontologies such as the Financial Industry Business Ontology (FIBO)
- Linked Life Data - a data-as-a-service platform that provides access to 25 public biomedical databases through a single access point. The service allows writing of complex data analytical queries and answering complex bioinformatics questions. Simply navigate through the information, or export subsets such as ‘all approved drugs and their brand names’
- Linked Leaks - Panama Papers leak linked to additional knowledge about the world
Open source software
Ontotext has supported the development of the following open source software, starting with EC research projects since 2001:
- RDF4J (formerly Sesame) - an RDF framework for Java, started in On-To-Knowledge
- General Architecture for Text Engineering (GATE) - a NLP framework, developed in SEKT, TAO, MediaCampaign, PrestoSpace.
The company has been involved in over 30 research projects in the European Commission Framework Programmes in the domains of Semantic Web, Linked Data, Open Data and Text mining. An interactive project timeline is available.
- "Ontotext GraphDB". Ontotext.
- "GraphDB Cloud". Ontotext.
- O'Donovan, John. "The World Cup and a call to action around Linked Data". BBC Internet Blog. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Howard, Philip (10 May 2017). "Graph update: Ontotext GraphDB".
- "NOW - News on the Web". Ontotext.
- "Rank". Ontotext.
- "FactForge". Ontotext.
- "Linked Life Data". Ontotext.
- "Linked Leaks". Ontotext.
- "On-to-Knowledge Project Partners". STI2. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Developing Language Processing Components with GATE Version 8 (a User Guide)". University of Sheﬃeld, Department of Computer Science 2001-2015. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "CORDIS Project Search". European Commission.
- "Semantic Technology Research Projects". Ontotext. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Alexiev, Vladimir. "Ontotext Research Projects: Interactive Timeline". Retrieved 2 November 2016.