|Atanas Kiryakov, CEO|
Ontotext GraphDB, Ontotext Semantic Platform, Self-Service Semantic Suite (S4), Media & Publishing solutions, Life Sciences & Healthcare solutions, Compliance & Document Management solutions, solutions for Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums (GLAM), Fact Forge, Linked Life Data,Linked Leaks
Number of employees
|Website||Ontotext web site|
Ontotext is a Bulgarian software company headquartered in Sofia. It is the semantic technology branch of Sirma Group. Its main domain of activity is the development of software products and solutions based on the Semantic Web languages and standards, in particular RDF, OWL and SPARQL.
It also develops NLP, Semantic Enrichment and Concept Extraction services. Together with BBC, Ontotext developed one of the early large-scale industrial semantic applications, Dynamic Semantic Publishing, starting in 2010. The News On the Web demo service shows how a news feed can be categorized and enriched, implementing semantic faceted search
Open Source Software
Ontotext has supported the development of the following open source software for a long time, starting with early EC research projects since 2001:
- RDF4J (formerly Sesame) - an RDF framework for Java, started in On-To-Knowledge
- General Architecture for Text Engineering (GATE) - a NLP framework, developed in SEKT, TAO, MediaCampaign, PrestoSpace.
The company has been involved in over 30 research projects in the European Commission Framework Programmes in the domains of Semantic Web, Linked Data, Open Data and Text mining. An interactive project timeline is available.
- Ontotext GraphDB (formerly OWLIM) - a leading RDF triplestore available in three versions - Free, Standard and Enterprise
- Self-Service Semantic Suite (S4): cloud-based software as a service for semantic metadata management and text analytics
- Ontotext Semantic Publishing Platform; providing an enrichment suite for text mining and semantic annotation, data integration tools that can transform data into RDF, and tools for semantic curation allowing users to search the knowledge base and curate content at the same time
- "Ontotext GraphDB". Ontotext.
- "Self-Service Semantic Suite (S4)". Ontotext.
- "Fact Forge". Ontotext.
- "Linked Life Data". Ontotext.
- "Linked Leaks". Ontotext.
- O'Donovan, John. "The World Cup and a call to action around Linked Data". BBC Internet Blog. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "News On the Web demo service". Ontotext. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "On-to-Knowledge Project Partners". STI2. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Developing Language Processing Components with GATE Version 8 (a User Guide)". University of Sheﬃeld, Department of Computer Science 2001-2015. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "CORDIS Project Search". European Commission.
- "Semantic Technology Research Projects". Ontotext. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- Alexiev, Vladimir. "Ontotext Research Projects: Interactive Timeline". Retrieved 2 November 2016.