|Predecessor||Hillary for America|
Hillary Rodham Clinton|
|Hillary Rodham Clinton, Howard Dean|
U.S. Secretary of State
U.S. Senator from New York
First Lady of the United States
Onward Together is an American political action organization founded in May 2017 by former U.S. Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton to fundraise for progressive political groups including: Swing Left, Indivisible, Color of Change, Emerge America, and Run for Something. Clinton described the group as an effort "to advance the vision that won nearly 66 million votes" of a "fairer, more inclusive, big-hearted America."
As of May 2017, Hillary Clinton is the CEO. Clinton co-founded the group with Howard Dean. In August 2017, Dean confirmed that Onward Together had hired Emmy Ruiz and Adam Parkhomenko as consultants. Both Ruiz and Parkhomenko were members of Clinton's 2008 and 2016 presidential campaigns.
Clinton transferred $800,000 from her 2016 presidential campaign to Onward Together shortly before announcing the group's launch in May, documents the campaign filed with the FEC reveal. However, documents from the super PAC's filings page with the U.S. FEC do not show the corresponding, inward-flowing credit from the former Hillary for America presidential campaign.
As at May 1, 2018, the Hillary Clinton-backed Onward Together Super PAC had received a notice from the U.S. FEC stating that the FEC that the super PAC's most recent financial report was now overdue and further that if it was not submitted to the FEC in a timely matter, administrative and civil monetary penalties likely would be imposed. It also reminded the super PAC that they also must file copies of the same financial reports with the Secretary of State's office in their respective jurisdiction, which, in this case, would be the state of Kentucky.
- Gambino, Lauren (May 16, 2017). "Hillary Clinton launches political action group Onward Together". The Guardian. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Palmer, Anna (May 15, 2017). "Hillary Clinton launches new political group: 'Onward Together'". Politico. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Cramer, Ruby (August 4, 2017). "Hillary Clinton Hires Two Former Campaign Aides For "Resistance" PAC". www.buzzfeed.com. Buzzfeed. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- "Hillary Using $800K in Campaign Funds For New Political Group". The Daily Caller. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Reports Image Index for Committee ID: C00638874 – Onward Together Super PAC". U.S. FEC.
- "Notice of Failure to File" (PDF). U.S. FEC.