|Developer(s)||Krush Technologies, LLC|
3.X / February 2017
Mac OS X
|Type||Instant messaging, Videotelephony, Videoconferencing, Voice over IP|
ooVoo is a video chat and an messaging app developed by ooVoo LLC and owned by Krush Technologies, LLC. ooVoo has applications for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, and Facebook. The original Microsoft Windows app was released in 2007.
ooVoo allows users to communicate through free messaging, voice, and video chat. ooVoo video conferencing technology enables high-quality video and audio calls with up to twelve participants simultaneously, HD video and desktop sharing.
ooVoo was founded in 2006 by Ohio entrepreneur Clay Mathile based on technology developed at Arel Communications and Software (Formerly NASDAQ:ARLCF). Arel was founded in 1982 and specialized in remote e-learning and collaboration solutions. On March 13, 2006, Arel Communications was taken private by its current owners and relaunched as ooVoo.
In June 2007, ooVoo for Microsoft Windows launched, allowing high-quality video chat from anywhere in the world. In February 2008, video call recording and phone calling were introduced. In May 2008, ooVoo for Apple's OS X launched, creating cross-platform capabilities for video chat. In February 2009, ooVoo 2.0 launched and featured browser-based video chat rooms and video chat through a web link with no download required. An open API was also launched with version 2.0, and allowed developers to build customized applications and widgets. In May 2009, ooVoo introduced the first air-to-ground three-way video conversation. ooVoo version 2.2 was launched in July 2009, and introduced business plans geared for multiple seats and desktop sharing. New pay-as-you-go options and international phone calling were also introduced.
On 2 June 2011, ooVoo launched its social video chat service on Apple's iPhone (and other iOS devices), making its free HD Video chat service cross platforms, including: PC, Mac, Android and iPhone. 
On June 10, 2014, ooVoo released its app for Windows Phone devices.
On September 9, 2014, ooVoo released its Video SDK for WebRTC.
- ooVoo won PC Magazine's Software Innovation "Best in Show" Award at the DigitalLife Expo in September 2007.
- In March 2008, ooVoo won the "Webware 100" award for Communication.
- ooVoo won PC Magazine's Best Mobile Product of 2011 in the Android Category 
- ooVoo won the Tabby Award in the Social category for its Android app in August 2013.
- ooVoo was a nominee and finalist for a Mobby Award in the Business Collaboration category for its Android app in September 2015.
- ooVoo was honored in 2016 with a Mobile Excellence Award for Best Social Community.
- 2016 CES Innovaiton Award Honoree.
- Muchmore, Michael (July 30, 2008). "OoVoo Goes High-Res, Adds Web Client". pcmag.com. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- "Industry Moves: ooVoo; Sharethrough; Adchemy; Yahoo". Yahoo.
- "Arel Communications & Software Ltd. - Company Profile". BusinessWeek.
- "Arel Communications Announces Completion of Going-Private Transaction". BusinessWire. March 13, 2006.
- "ooVoo Communications, Ltd - Company Profile". Hoover's.
- Josh, Glodman (June 11, 2007). "Do you ooVoo?". TechCrunch.
- James, Lewin (Feb 6, 2008). "ooVoo Introduces Real-Time Video Conversation Recording". Podcasting News.
- "ooVoo for Mac". CNET. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- McEvoy, Aoife M. (February 26, 2009). "ooVoo 2.0 VoIP Service - Review". PCworld.com/.
- "ooVoo Launches the First 4G Mobile Video Chat Service That Simultaneously Connects Smartphone, PC and Mac Users". Mobile World.
- Bokovza, Aurli. "ooVoo Exands Its Multi-Person, Cross-Platform Video Chat Service To More Than 200 Android Devices". www.oovoo.com. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- Zimmerman, William (June 2, 2011). "ooVoo Launches its Social Video Chat Service on the iPhone Platform; Now In the Top 10 Free Apps on iTunes". Telepresence Options.
- "ooVoo Launches Its Social Video Chat Service On The iPhone PLATFORM". www.oovoo.com. Bryan Brown. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "ooVoo Opens the World of Social Video Chat to Developers with Release of Software Development Kit". www.oovoo.com. Laura Zanzal. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "ooVoo Releases ooVoo for Windows Phone Store". www.oovoo.com. Kayla Maas. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "ooVoo Releases Video SDK for WebRTC". www.oovoo.com. Kayla Maas. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "ooVoo Wins PC Magazine's Software Innovation Best in Show Award at". PRNewswire. Oct 4, 2007.
- "Webware 100 winner: OoVoo". CNET. April 21, 2008.
- "Is ooVoo going to release a version for my PS4 (Sony Playstation 4)?". support.oovoo.com. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "The Best Products of 2011". PCMag. 14 November 2011.
- Robert Nay, Josh. "ooVoo Wins Spotlight With Tabby Award for the Android Version of Its Social Application". www.trutower.com. TruTower. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "2015 Tabby and Mobby Awards /Business Nominees | The Tabby Awards /Business". tabbyawards.com. Retrieved 2015-11-05.