Oodle.com main page
|Type||Division of QVC|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, United States|
|Alexa rank||7,663 (April 2014[update])|
|Type of site||classifieds|
Oodle powers Facebook Marketplace, the app on Facebook for buying, selling, lending and gifting among one’s community. Oodle strongly encourages posters to include a Facebook profile with listings, believing that users will prefer the transparency of dealing with someone with a name and face attributed to their listing.
Oodle also powers other companies' classifieds websites, from the online classifieds for traditional newspapers including The Sun, The Washington Post Express, New York Post to other large websites like AOL, Lycos, Local.com, Military.com, MySpace, to non-traditional classifieds hosting sites like Wal-Mart. Oodle searches vertically in the classifieds categories of cars, real estate, renting, jobs, personals, merchandise, tickets, pets and services.
Oodle aggregates listings from national and local sources, covering over 1000 regions in the United States, UK, Canada, Ireland, and India
On March 6, 2009, Facebook launched a new version of its Marketplace application powered by Oodle. In November 2010 Oodle acquired Grouply, a platform for building custom social networking groups. The QVC home shopping company purchased Oodle in 2012. In May 2015, the site was purchased from QVC by Oodle Holdings.
Third Party Resources
Websites supply their classified ad listings to Oodle in the form of XML or CSV files which Oodle parses into their database for redistribution. Oodle currently has over 75,000 partner listings.
- "Oodle.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "''Oodle Company Info''". Oodle.com. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "''Oodle FAQ''". Oodle.com. April 14, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Walker, Leslie (April 20, 2006). "ISO Best-Selling Model for Web Classifieds". The Washington Post. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Dot-com refugees land at a new home". Oodle.com. April 23, 2005. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "News Corporation''s UK Newspaper The Sun Partners with Oodle to Launch Classified Advertising Section on http://www.thesun.co.uk/". Allbusiness.com. June 12, 2006. Retrieved December 9, 2011. External link in
- "Sun claims soaraway success". Theinquirer.net. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Classifieds Search-Engine Oodle to Power Washington Post''s Express Newspaper". Auctionbytes.com. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- December 11, 2007 by Kristen Nicole 2 (December 11, 2007). "Oodle Does Classifeds [sic] for the New York Post". Mashable.com. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Oodle Announces Partnerships with Lycos and Backpage". Info.lycos.com. March 7, 2006. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Local.com Adds 20 Million Local Classifieds Listings". Corporate.local.com. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Unveils New Resources for Veterans, Active Military Personnel and Their Families". Military.com. February 15, 2007. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "MySpace Classifieds, Now from Oodle". Gesterling.wordpress.com. July 28, 2008. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Talley, Karen (June 3, 2008). "Wal-Mart Adds Free Online Classifieds". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Empson, Rip (2012-12-05). "QVC Acquires Social Classifieds Veteran Oodle To Help Power Its Social Commerce Evolution". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-02-15.