Ooh, Aah & You
|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ooh, Aah & You|
Left and right: Ooh and Aah - the two monkey mascots.
|Voices of||Marty Stelnick
Jason Hopley (UK & United States)
Matt Moore (AUS & NZ)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||
2 for long2 for short
|Running time||22 minutes (long format)
3 minutes (short format)
|Production company(s)||Kick Start Productions|
|Original network||Playhouse Disney|
|Original release||July 15, 2005 – February 13, 2011|
Ooh, Aah & You was a series of short programs for children which aired during the Playhouse Disney line up. They were a pair of monkey puppets. This series of short skits debuted in July 2005. On March 31, 2007, they became the official hosts of Playhouse Disney. They introduced the various long format (22 minute) and short format (1-3 minute) shows that aired on the network.
It completed its run on February 13, 2011, the day before Disney Junior debuted, meaning that the short programs and mascots were eliminated all together and reruns of segments were removed completely. After the daily sign-off was presented for the very last time on that day, the mascots were removed from Disney Junior completely for the time being. It was considered to be a lost television series since it was never to be found anywhere because it was never picked up by Disney Junior. The segments and short programs of the show were briefly seen on Disney Junior's official website as part of its "Fan Favorites" week on the week of July 18, 2011. It currently airs on Disney Junior: The Channel every weekday morning at 10:55 a.m. ET or 11:25 a.m. ET.
Marty Stelnick (season 1) and Simon Kennedy (season 2) as Ooh, Aah's older brother: the calm blue monkey who loves to read and listen to classical music.
Jason Hopley (season 1) and Matt Moore (season 2) as Aah, Ooh's younger brother: the hyper red monkey who loves to dance, sing, and play.
- United Kingdom and United States - Marty Stelnick and Jason Hopley provided the voices of Ooh and Aah respectively.
- Australia and New Zealand - In Australia and New Zealand the voices of Ooh and Aah were provided by Sydney-based Comedian Simon Kennedy and Actor Matt Moore respectively.
- The first version begins with Ooh and Aah smiling. Aah grabs a banana and the bananas read, "Print and Color". Ooh grabs the pineapple's top and Rollind pops up. The pineapple reads, "Watch a Video". The female voiceover is heard in the US and the male voiceover is heard in the UK. The video clips are short. "Say Hello to Ooh and Aah" is used below the list.
- The second version is the same as the first version. The party hat has "Going Bananas" in it and Aah surprises it. The video clips are long.
- The third version consists of Ooh and Aah welcoming the website. "GAMES" replaces "Print and Color" and "ACTIVITIES" replaces "Watch a Video". There is a guitar with "MUSIC" in it and a book with "STORIES" in it. Games has Ooh and Aah's Coco-Nutty Bowling and Inspector Ooh: The Great Monkey Detective. Activities has Print and Color, Watch a Video and Ooh and Aah's Fetch-A-Fruit. Music has Going Bananas. Stories has Wish You Were Here. The new video clips are short.
- The fourth and final version was the same as the third version. A new game, Ooh and Aah's Costume Catch is used in the Games section and a new story, Ooh and Aah's What's in the Birthday Box? Storybook is used in the Stories section. Wish You Were Here is in the Activities section instead of the Stories section. The new video clips are long.
Episode list (According to YouTube)
1. Happy Monkey (long format) -- original air date July 15, 2005
2. Loud & Quiet (short format) -- original air date July 29, 2005
3. Banana Power (short format) -- original air date August 12, 2005
4. I Spy Bananas (short format) -- original air date August 30, 2005
5. Halloween (long format) -- original air date September 13, 2005
6. Ooh's Birthday (long format) -- original air date September 30, 2005
7. Coconut Song (long format) -- original air date October 14, 2005
8. Monkercise (short format) -- original air date November 4, 2005
9. Monkey Dance (short format) -- original air date December 9, 2005
10. Monkey See, Monkey Do (short format) -- original air date December 13, 2005
11. Monkey In The Middle (short format) -- original air date January 13, 2006
12. Twinkle Twinkle (short format) -- original air date January 20, 2006
13. Banana Day (short format) -- original air date January 27, 2006
14. Cowboy Day (long format) -- original air date February 7, 2006
15. Penguins & Elephants (short format) -- original air date February 17, 2006
16. Hide And Seek (short format) -- original air date March 10, 2006
17. Valentine's Day (long format) -- original air date March 24, 2006
18. Friendship Day (long format) -- original air date April 14, 2006
19. Pretend Fleas (short format) -- original air date February 13, 2011
20. Pirate Day