|Neighborhood of Amsterdam|
Buildings of the former gas factory in 2005
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Initially, the area was named Polderweggebied after the Polderweg, which is a road running through it. Between 1885 and 1921, the Oostergasfabriek (Eastern Gas Factory) was located in the area. After the factory was closed, the neighborhood became a business area. In the early 2000s, multiple buildings were demolished and the terrain was remediated. In 2007, the first new buildings were constructed. In 2008, the neighborhood was renamed Oostpoort.
In 2013, Oostpoort had a population of 573. The local government is expecting the population to peak with 2,274 in the year 2020.
- (Dutch) De Staat van Oostpoort 2013, Amsterdam-Oost. Retrieved on 30 June 2014.
- (Dutch) Polderweggebied / Oostpoort, Geheugen van Oost. Retrieved on 30 June 2014.
- District of Oost, I Amsterdam. Retrieved on 30 June 2014.
- (Dutch) Winkeloverzicht Oostpoort, Beleef Oostpoort. Retrieved on 30 June 2014.
- Media related to Oostpoort at Wikimedia Commons
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|