Location of Robert Island in the South Shetland Islands.
|Archipelago||South Shetland Islands|
|Administered under the Antarctic Treaty System|
Opaka Rocks (Bulgarian: скали Опака, ‘Skali Opaka’ ska-'li 'o-pa-ka) are a group of rocks with the principal one situated 700 m (766 yd) north of Henfield Rock, 3.44 km (2.14 mi) east of Pordim Islands and 4.79 km west by south of Mellona Rocks off the north coast of Robert Island, South Shetland Islands. Bulgarian early early mapping in 2009. Named after the town of Opaka in northeastern Bulgaria.
- Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- List of Antarctic islands south of 60° S
- Territorial claims in Antarctica
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
- Opaka Rocks. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Robert Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|