Open-E, Inc. is a software development company primary focused on IP-based storage management software with headquarters in the USA and Europe.
|Headquarters||2820 Lassiter Rd., Building C, Suite 100
Marietta, Georgia, USA
|Products||Open-E DSS V6|
Open-E was founded in 1998 in Germany but head office was relocated to the USA after receiving venture capital funding from OpenView Venture Partners in 2007. Today, the company is known for Open-E JovianDSS, Data Storage Software (DSS) V7 and DSS V7 lite.
Open-E JovianDSS is a ZFS and Linux-based software-defined storage system designed for enterprise sized storage environments. It can be deployed on any standard server with commodity drives to create iSCSI SANs of virtually unlimited capacity and volume size. The software provides unlimited LUN sizes, tiered RAM and SSD caching, thin and over provisioning, data deduplication, data compression, check-sum data integrity checking and self-healing to repair silent data corruption.
Open-E DSS V7
Open-E Data Storage Software V7 (DSS V7) - successor to Open-E DSS V6 - is a Linux-based data storage software used for building and managing centralized data storage servers: Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN), including Fibre Channel, iSCSI and InfiniBand. The software can be used for storage virtualization and high availability. It features Active-active failover for SAN iSCSI volumes, replications, snapshots, built-in backup agents, multipath I/O, NICs bonding and more. Open-E DSS V7 is VMware Ready, Citrix Ready and supports Microsoft Hyper-V.
Open-E DSS V7 Lite
Open-E Data Storage Software V7 Lite (DSS V7 Lite)is a free version of Open-E DSS V7, delivering functions used for managing NAS and SAN. With Open-E DSS V7 Lite, up to 2TB of storage capacity can be managed for free; additional capacity may be purchased. As freeware, it is offered without technical support but users help each other through the Open-E forum.
- NetworkWorld. "German storage vendor Open-E launches in U.S." 25 January 2008.
- Open-E official website 8 August 2011.
- OpenView Venture Partners. "Storage Management Solutions" 8 August 2011.
- "Open-E aims Jupiter DSS software defined storage at enterprise SAN". www.computerweekly.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Open-E JupiterDSS, Software Defined Storage With thin provisioning, compression, and de-dupe". www.storagenewsletter.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Xelsys, Alan. "Open-E how to". Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Open-E DSS V7 VMware Ready". Storage Newsletter. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Open-E DSS V7 Citrix Ready". Citrix. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "How to Provision ISCSI target LUNS in Open-E DSS ?". www.unixarena.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Review: Software-based NAS offers free/low-cost storage". www.networkworld.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.