The OpenCoffee Club is an open concept originated in 2007 in London by Saul Klein, one of the founders of Skype. The goal was to encourage entrepreneurs, developers and investors to become acquainted with each other in informal gatherings so that the investment industry become more transparent and thus to encourage entrepreneurship.
Meetings are held worldwide every week at over 100 locations as the timing and content varies by city.
- "Team". Index Ventures. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry (2011-01-20). "Meet Saul Klein, The Entrepreneur Turned VC Who Just Sold His Company To Amazon For $312 Million". Business Insider. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "Who Needs Silicon Valley?". Forbes.com. 2011-08-22. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "The OpenCoffee Club Movement". Readwrite.com. 2007-05-22. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Interview with OpenCoffee Club founder Saul Klein
- "OpenCoffee communities". Meetup.com. 2014-01-22. Retrieved 2014-01-22.