Type of site
|Public records database|
|Launched||20 December 2010|
|Open Database Licence|
Data is sourced from national business registries in 140 jurisdictions, and presented in a standardised form. Collected data comprises the name of the entity, date of incorporation, registered addresses, and the names of directors. Some data, such as the ownership structure, is contributed by users.
In 2011, the site won third place in the Open Data Challenge. Vice President of the European Commission Neelie Kroes said the site "is the kind of resource the (Digital) Single Market needs and it is encouraging to see that it is being built." The project was represented on the European Union's Core Vocabularies Working Group's Core Business Task Force.
In early 2012, the project was appointed to the Financial Stability Board's advisory panel on a Legal Entity Identification for Financial Contracts.
In July 2015, OpenCorporates was a finalist in both the Business and Publisher categories at the Open Data Institute Awards. It was announced as the winner of the Open Data Business Award due to work with promoting data transparency in the corporate sector.
- "OpenCorporates launches". OpenCorporates (Press release). 20 December 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- "Researching Corporations and Their Owners". Global Investigative Journalism Network. Retrieved 1 August 2023.
- "Finding Company Information". The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Retrieved 1 August 2023.
- "Open Data Challenge winners". Archived from the original on 16 August 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Kroes, Neelie. "Getting out the Data". Europa. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- "Core Vocabularies Working Group Members". Europa. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "FSB Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) Initiative Industry Advisory Panel – Membership" (PDF). Financial Stability Board. 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "ODI Awards 2015 Finalists". Open Data Award 2015 (Press release). Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Celebrating Generation Open – ODI awards network thinkers who are changing the world". open data institute (Press release). Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Simperl, Elena; Corcho, Oscar; Grobelnik, Marko; Roman, Dumitru; Soylu, Ahmet; Ruíz, María Jesús Fernández; Gatti, Stefano; Taggart, Chris; Klima, Urška Skok (2019), "Towards a Knowledge Graph Based Platform for Public Procurement", Metadata and Semantic Research, Cham: Springer International Publishing, pp. 317–323, doi:10.1007/978-3-030-14401-2_29, ISBN 978-3-030-14400-5, S2CID 67866805
- Mezaour, Amar-Djalil (2005), "Filtering Web Documents for a Thematic Warehouse Case Study: eDot a Food Risk Data Warehouse (extended)", Intelligent Information Processing and Web Mining, Advances in Soft Computing, Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, pp. 269–278, doi:10.1007/3-540-32392-9_28, ISBN 3-540-25056-5
- Mane, U. V.; Gurav, P. N.; Deshmukh, A. M.; Govindwar, S. P. (2008). "Degradation of textile dye reactive navy – blue Rx (Reactive blue–59) by an isolated Actinomycete Streptomyces krainskii SUK – 5". Malaysian Journal of Microbiology. 4 (2). doi:10.21161/10.21161/mjm.106717. ISSN 2231-7538.
- Roman, Dumitru; Alexiev, Vladimir; Paniagua, Javier; Elvesæter, Brian; von Zernichow, Bjørn Marius; Soylu, Ahmet; Simeonov, Boyan; Taggart, Chris (25 November 2021). "The euBusinessGraph ontology: A lightweight ontology for harmonizing basic company information". Semantic Web. 13 (1): 41–68. doi:10.3233/sw-210424. ISSN 2210-4968.
- Berthelé, Emmanuel (19 January 2018), "Using Big Data in Insurance", Big Data for Insurance Companies, Hoboken, NJ, US: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 131–161, doi:10.1002/9781119489368.ch5, ISBN 9781119489368, retrieved 23 February 2022
- Tiwari, Milind; Gepp, Adrian; Kumar, Kuldeep (20 October 2021). "Global money laundering appeal index: application of principal component analysis". Journal of Money Laundering Control. 26: 205–211. doi:10.1108/jmlc-10-2021-0108. ISSN 1368-5201. S2CID 244618995.