|Original author(s)||Fabien Pinckaers|
|Stable release||9.0 / October 1, 2015|
|Preview release||current master version / daily|
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, Unix, Mac OS X|
|Type||ERP, CRM, Accounting, CMS|
Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP and before that, TinyERP) is a suite of open-source enterprise management applications. Targeting companies of all sizes, the application suite includes billing, accounting, manufacturing, purchasing, warehouse management, and project management.
The source code for the OpenObject framework and core ERP (enterprise resource planning) modules is curated by the Belgium based Odoo S.A. Additionally, customized programming, support, and other services are provided by an active global community and a network of 500 official partners. The main Odoo components are the OpenObject framework, about 30 core modules (also called official modules) and more than 3000 community modules.
Odoo has received awards including Trends Gazelle and BOSSIE Awards three years in a row.
|Program name||Version||Release date||Significant changes||Software license|
|Tiny ERP||1.0||February 2005||First release||GPL|
|6.0||January 2011||First web client||AGPLv3|
|6.1||February 2012||First Ajax web client, discontinued GTK client||AGPLv3|
|7.0||December 22, 2012||Improved web client and usability||AGPLv3|
|Odoo||8.0||September 18, 2014||Support for CMS: Website builder, e-commerce, point of sale and business intelligence||AGPLv3|
|9.0||October 1, 2015||Odoo Community release ||LGPLv3|
The 3 last LTS version are supported in parallel. This means that when a new LTS version is released, an older version reaches its end-of-life, and is not supported anymore. As an example, 7.0 LTS will be supported along with 8.0 LTS and 9.0 LTS, but will reach end-of-life when 10.0 LTS is released.
- Comparison of accounting software
- List of free and open source ERP packages
- List of free and open source software packages concerning finance
- Tryton, a fork of TinyERP version 4.2.
- Le Soire BE. "Un entrepreneur wallon lève 10 millions de dollars avec OpenERP". Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "10 Open Source ERP Options". Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Comparative Study of Open ERP and its Technologies" (PDF). International Journal of Computer Applications 73. July 2013.
- staff, InfoWorld. "Bossie Awards 2013: The best open source applications". Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- Gene Marks (August 11, 2014). "25 Great CRM Applications You Probably Never Heard Of". Forbes. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Jaikumar Vijayan (October 21, 2010). "OpenERP aims to impress U.S. market". Computerworld. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- roxannevarza. "OpenERP gets €3 million for US expansion". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "http://www.fsa.ulaval.ca/cours/plans/2009H/SIO22915_3476.pdf" (PDF). www.fsa.ulaval.ca. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "http://aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1093&context=amcis2014". aisel.aisnet.org. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- Moss, Gregory. Working with OpenERP. Pakt. ISBN 1782163808.
- Mader, Greg. Financial Accounting with Odoo: Versions 6, 7, and 8. ISBN 1508737568.
- Reis, Daniel. Odoo Development Essentials. Packt. ISBN 1784392790.
- InfoWorld staff (September 17, 2013). "Bossie Awards 2013: The best open source applications". InfoWorld. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to OpenERP.|