|Original author(s)||Fabien Pinckaers|
9.0 / October 1, 2015
current master version / daily
|Operating system||Linux, Unix-like, OS X, Windows|
|Type||ERP, CRM, Accounting, CMS|
|License||"Community" version: GNU Lesser General Public License v3
"Enterprise" version: Proprietary license
Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP and before that, TinyERP) is a suite of enterprise management applications.Targeting companies of all sizes, the application suite includes billing, accounting, manufacturing, purchasing, warehouse management, and project management.
Community edition is supplemented with an Enterprise edition @ USD 240/- per user per year and a commercially supported online edition. Source code for the OpenObject framework and core ERP (enterprise resource planning) modules is curated by the Belgium-based Odoo S.A. The last fully featured Open Source version was V8.0 (LTS) and 8.0-SaaS6, available on Github under AGPLv3.
Source code model
From inception, Odoo S.A / OpenERP S.A have released software as Open Source but starting at the V9.0 release, the company has transitioned to an open core model which provides subscription-based proprietary Enterprise software and cloud-hosted Software as a service, and a cut-down community version.
Community & network
In 2013, the not-for-profit Odoo Community Association  was formed to promote the widespread use of Odoo and to support the collaborative development of Odoo features. This organisation has over 150 members who are a mix of individuals and organisations.
Odoo S.A. are focussing on the SaaS business rather than a service business and recommend integrations and customisations through the partner network. Customized programming, support, and other services, are provided by an active global community and a network of 600 official partners and integrators.
Modules / components
The main Odoo components are the OpenObject framework, about 30 core modules (also called official modules) and more than 3000 community modules.
Books & publications
Software & architecture
Odoo uses Python scripting and Postgres database. A development repo is on GitHub.
The 3 last LTS version are supported in parallel. This means that when a new LTS version is released, an older version reaches its end-of-life, and is not supported anymore. As an example, 7.0 LTS will be supported along with 8.0 LTS and 9.0 LTS, but will reach end-of-life when 10.0 LTS is released.
|Program name||Version||Release date||Significant changes||Software license|
|Tiny ERP||1.0||February 2005||First release||GNU GPL|
|2.0||May 2005||GNU GPL|
|3.0||September 2005||GNU GPL|
|4.0||December 2006||GNU GPL|
|OpenERP||5.0||April 2009||GNU GPL|
|6.0||January 2011||First web client||GNU AGPL|
|6.1||February 2012||First Ajax web client, discontinued GTK client||GNU AGPL|
|7.0||December 22, 2012||Improved web client and usability||GNU AGPL|
|Odoo||8.0||September 18, 2014||Revamped Inventory and WMS, Support for CMS: Website builder, e-commerce, point of sale and business intelligence||GNU AGPL|
|9.0||October 1, 2015||Revamped Accounting features, Odoo Community split from Odoo Enterprise ||GNU LGPL v3|
|10.0 Alpha||Coming Soon||Revamped Manufacturing features||GNU LGPL v3|
- Comparison of accounting software
- List of free and open source ERP packages
- List of free and open source software packages concerning finance
- Tryton, a fork of TinyERP version 4.2.
- Le Soire BE. "Un entrepreneur wallon lève 10 millions de dollars avec OpenERP". Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "10 Open Source ERP Options". Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- saas-6 on Github
- Odoo Community Association (OCA) website
- "Comparative Study of Open ERP and its Technologies" (PDF). International Journal of Computer Applications. 73. July 2013.
- "http://www.fsa.ulaval.ca/cours/plans/2009H/SIO22915_3476.pdf" (PDF). www.fsa.ulaval.ca. Retrieved June 26, 2015. External link in
- "http://aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1093&context=amcis2014". aisel.aisnet.org. Retrieved June 26, 2015. External link in
- Moss, Gregory (2015). Working with Odoo. Packt. ISBN 978-1784394554.
- Mader, Greg (2015). Financial Accounting with Odoo: Versions 6, 7, and 8. ISBN 1508737568.
- Reis, Daniel (2015). Odoo Development Essentials. Packt. ISBN 1784392790.
- InfoWorld staff (September 17, 2013). "Bossie Awards 2013: The best open source applications". InfoWorld. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- staff, InfoWorld. "Bossie Awards 2013: The best open source applications". Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- Gene Marks (August 11, 2014). "25 Great CRM Applications You Probably Never Heard Of". Forbes. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Jaikumar Vijayan (October 21, 2010). "OpenERP aims to impress U.S. market". Computerworld. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- roxannevarza. "OpenERP gets €3 million for US expansion". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- James Borck, InfoWorld. "Bossie Awards 2016: The best open source applications".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to OpenERP.|