|Initial release||October 27, 2010|
Release 3.0 / August 11, 2014
|Type||Identity management system|
ForgeRock launched the OpenIDM project in October 27, 2010 at GOSCON in Portland following a 6-month internal development process.
ForgeRock felt there was no strong open source identity provisioning project, and launched OpenIDM under CDDL licensing for compatibility with OpenAM and OpenDJ.. However, just giving access to an old, flattened X.0.0 source tree which usually still contains many bugs, can hardly be described as what is usually understood as Open Source. So since it prevents the community from taking part on developing within the latest version aka trunk, doesn't give any insights, what actually got fixed/features got merged, it should be considered closed source, now (end 2016).
Full leveraging the Open Source project Identity Connector Framework from Sun Microsystems as integration layer to resources, ForgeRock announced to adopt the project and forming a community around the framework, all under the new name OpenICF.
Gartner identifies ForgeRock OpenIDM as an interesting option to many organizations seeking alternatives to large IAM vendors in their Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning published December 22, 2011.
January 17, 2012 ForgeRock announces OpenIDM 2.0 of OpenIDM.
February 20, 2013 ForgeRock announced OpenIDM 2.1, part of the Open Identity Stack which is latest stable release of OpenIDM.
August 11, 2014 ForgeRock announced OpenIDM 3.0.
ForgeRock posted an OpenIDM roadmap stretching from release date to end of 2012 also outlining the project principles.
- OpenIDM 1.0, launched October 27, 2010.
- OpenIDM 2.0, released January 17, 2012 - provided the initial architecture, Basic CRUD capabilities all exposed via REST and password synchronization capabilities.
- OpenIDM 2.1, is to focus on workflow and business process engine integration.
- OpenIDM 2.2, is expected to introduce role based provisioning.
- "OpenIDM". Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "ForgeRock Establishes OpenIDM Project for Identity Management". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Phipps, Simon. "Announcing OpenIDM". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Adopting the ICF project under the new name OpenICF". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning". Gartner. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "ForgeRock announces OpenIDM 2.0". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "ForgeRock announces OpenIDM 2.1". Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "ForgeRock announces OpenIDM 3.0". Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "OpenIDM Roadmap". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
|This computer security article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|