|Type||Proprietary Limited Company
|Slogan(s)||Experience Online Learning. The Social Way :)
The best way to teach and learn online
|Users||211,417 (June 2015)|
|Launched||12 March 2013|
Open Learning Global (previously known as Open Learning) is a for-profit educational technology company offering a social online learning platform that can deliver massive open online courses (MOOCs). OpenLearning was founded in Australia by Theo Julienne and computer science professor Richard Buckland from the University of New South Wales.
In December 2013, OpenLearning launched a cloud based software product for companies to create private educational portals on its platform.
In February 2015, OpenLearning raised $1.7 million in funding led by angel investor Clive Mayhew. ASX-listed ICS Global, Robin and Susan Yandle, and Hideaki Fukutake, the director of Japanese education company Benesse Holdings.
- "OpenLearning". OpenLearning. 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- Dodd, Tim. "Brave new free online course for UNSW". Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Al-Atabi, Mushtak. "Entrepreneurship: The First MOOC in Malaysia" (PDF). MIT.edu. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- Dodd, Tim. "OpenLearning eyes corporate training". Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Fitzsimmons, Caitlin (5 February 2015). "Angel investor Clive Mayhew leads $1.7m round in OpenLearning". BRW (Fairfax Media Publications). Retrieved 16 May 2015.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|