|Industry||Online food ordering|
|Headquarters||United States, Delaware|
OpenRest (founded 2011) was a software company that provided restaurant owners with online ordering websites before being acquired by Wix.com in October 2014. The company was based in Delaware with research and development offices in Tel Aviv.
By 2013, 300 restaurants had launched their OpenRest-powered ordering application on the App Store. Its R&D office was based in Tel Aviv. In June 2013, OpenRest and RestCloud announced a collaboration.
In late 2013, OpenRest partnered with Bits of Gold to be the first restaurant online ordering system to provide bitcoin payments to all its clients. In June 2014, OpenRest launched in French. In July 2014, OpenRest integrated with BitPay to expand its bitcoin payment offering.
- Featured Developers – OpenRest, Appcelerator.com, 22 April 2013
- "OpenRest is Joining Wix.com!". Retrieved 2022-05-28.
- Wix.com Acquires OpenRest to Bring Online & Mobile Ordering to Restaurants Worldwide, Cnbc.com, 29 October 2014
- OpenRest integrates with RestCloud's restaurant-specific messaging terminal, Qsrweb.com, 19 June 2013
- "Buy and Sell Bitcoins in Israel". Bits of Gold. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- "חשיפת פעילי קהילת ביטקוין ישראל". Telecom News. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- (in French) Les infos à ne pas rater: OpenRest en français, My Little Paris va ouvrir sa marketplace, Frenchweb.fr, 6 June 2014