|Initial release||May 4, 2011|
|Written in||Go, Angular.js|
|Operating system||Red Hat Enterprise Linux|
|Type||Cloud computing, Platform as a service, Web development|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
OpenShift Origin is the upstream community project that powers OpenShift Online, OpenShift Dedicated, and OpenShift Container Platform. Built around a core of Docker container packaging and Kubernetes container cluster management, Origin is also augmented by application lifecycle management functionality and DevOps tooling. Origin provides a complete open source application container platform. All source code for the Origin project is available under the Apache License (Version 2.0) on GitHub.
Red Hat OpenShift Online
OpenShift Online is Red Hat's public cloud application development and hosting platform. Online is currently powered by version 2 of the Origin project source code, which is also available under the Apache License Version 2.0. Online supports a variety of languages, frameworks, and databases out of the box. In addition to the built-in languages and services, developers can add other language, database, or middleware components that they need via the OpenShift Cartridge API.
Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated
OpenShift Dedicated is Red Hat's managed private cluster offering, built around a core of application containers powered by Docker, with orchestration and management provided by Kubernetes, on a foundation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
OpenShift Container Platform (formerly known as OpenShift Enterprise) is Red Hat's on-premise private PaaS solution, built around a core of application containers powered by Docker, with orchestration and management provided by Kubernetes, on a foundation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Mark Atwood (2012-04-27). "FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions". Archived from the original on 2012-05-25.
- Jim Jagielski (2012-04-30). "Announcing OpenShift Origin – The Open Source Platform as a Service (PaaS)". Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- OpenShift Origin on GitHub
- OpenShift Origin server on GitHub
- "OpenShift Origin Cartridge Developer’s Guide". 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- Steve Pousty; Katie Miller (May 2014). Getting Started with OpenShift. O'Reilly Media. ISBN 978-1-4919-0047-5.
- OpenShift home page