OpenVR is a software development kit and application programming interface developed by Valve for supporting the SteamVR (HTC Vive) and other virtual reality headset devices. Valve has announced that they will be cooperating with the Open Source Virtual Reality (OSVR) project, although the extent of the cooperation is unclear.
- OSVR, an open-source library with similar goals by Sensics, Razer and a community of partners and contributors
- True Open Virtual Reality, an open-source standard is implemented in accordance with the concept of Plug and Play.
- Alex Wawro. "Gamasutra - Valve launches new OpenVR SDK to expand SteamVR development".
- Peter Smith (1 May 2015). "Valve releases OpenVR SDK to the masses, says there's still time to apply for a free HTC Vive Development unit". ITworld.
- Road to VR. "Making Valve's OpenVR Truly Inclusive for VR Headsets - Road to VR". Road to VR.
- "Valve launches OpenVR dev kit for virtual reality hardware makers - GamesBeat - Games - by Dean Takahashi". VentureBeat.
- Matt Porter (19 May 2015). "Valve's OpenVR Signs Up to Razer's Virtual Reality Standard". IGN.
- Peter Smith (19 May 2015). "Report: Valve OpenVR joins OSVR (open source virtual reality) initiative". ITworld.
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|