OpenView Venture Partners
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2012)|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
OpenView Venture Partners is an American venture capital firm based in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. OpenView specializes in expansion stage software, new media, Internet, and technology enabled companies.
OpenView was founded by Scott Maxwell in 2006 in Boston Massachusetts.
Expansion stage companies have a solid growth rate and achieving $500,000 to $5,000,000 in quarterly sales. The firm seeks to invest in companies that are located anywhere in the world and have a strategy of dominating the North American market. The firm typically invests $5 to $15 million in growth capital.
Joining Maxwell on the leadership team were Venture Partner George Roberts, former EVP of North American Sales at Oracle, Managing Directors Adam Marcus and Dev Ittycheria, and Operating Partner Daniel Demmer. OpenView currently manages $780 million in assets. The firm specializes in offering value-add assistance OpenView Labs to its portfolio companies, focusing on the areas of recruiting/onboarding, decision support, and go to market strategy. OpenView Venture Partners also maintains a wide network of senior advisors including Jeff Sutherland, Joe Pulizzi, Bill Price, Chuck Linn, Luke Hohmann and Jeremy Aber
OpenView provides capital to a range of dynamic companies, including AtTask, Balihoo, Central Desktop, Datadog, ExactTarget (acquired by (Salesforce.com), Exinda, FieldAware, Intronis, Instructure, Kareo, Loyalty Lab (acquired by Tibco), Mashery (acquired by Intel), Monetate, NextDocs, Open-e, PlateSpin (Acquired by Novell), Prognosis Health Information Systems, Reality Digital, ScriptLogic, Signpost, Skytap, Socrata, Sonian, Spredfast, UnboundID, uSamp, UserTesting, VersionOne, Xtium and Zmags.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2012 (2011-04-19). "OpenView Thrives on a Full Service Approach". WSJ. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2012 (2011-08-02). "Inside OpenView's corporate relocation program". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "The History of OpenView Partners". Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "OpenView Partners - Investing in exceptional software companies at the expansion stage". Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Adam Marcus Joins OpenView Venture Partners". PE Web. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Dev Ittycheria Joins OpenView Venture Partners". PR Web. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "OpenView Venture Partner Crunch Base Profile". CrunchBase. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "OpenView Labs Blog". Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Jeff Sutherland Crunch Base Profile". CrunchBase. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Joe Pulizzi Joins OpenView Partners as Senior Advisor". PR Web. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "OpenView Partners Adds Customer Service Expert Bill Price as Senior Advisor". WN.com. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Chuck Linn Executive Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "OpenView Venture Partners Welcomes Portfolio Companies to Participate in a Market Segmentation Forum". PR Web. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Attorney – Aber Law Firm, PC". Aber Law Firm. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Datadog Raises $15M for Monitoring & Data Analytics Platform". Venture Fizz. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Intronis Receives $12 Million in Funding to Further Growth".
- "Kareo nabs $30M to bring cloud tools to medical practices — starting with a free EHR". VB News. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Novell Coughs Up $205 Million for Canadian Virtualization Startup PlateSpin". Xconomy. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "OpenView Portfolio of Investments and Companies". OpenView Venture Partners. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|