Open Media Framework Interchange
The following applications are known to support OMF importing and/or exporting:
- Adobe Audition CS5.5
- Adobe Premiere CS5.5
- Adobe Premiere CS6
- Final Cut Pro 7
- Logic Pro
- Pro Tools
- Digital Performer
- MAGIX Sequoia
- Automatic Duck
OMFI is a file format that aids in exchange of digital media across applications and platforms. This framework enables users to import media elements, edit information and effects summary. Sequential media representation is the primary concern that is addressed by this format.
The primary objective of OMFI is video production. However, there are a number of additional features which can be listed as follows:
- The origin of the data can be easily backtracked or identified since the import material is the form of a videotape or film.
- There are predefined effects and transitions which paves way for easy and quick overlapping and sequencing of various track.
- The format supports motion control. (i.e. enabling a particular segment to play at a ratio of the speed of another segment)
Some of the key benefits of OMFI are:
- It saves time by getting rid of tape-based file transfers.
- It brings in flexibility owing to its ability of using a number of applications on multiple workstations.
- The format preserves the best sound and picture quality during all imports.
- It eliminates the risk of file formatting and incompatibilities, which in turn allows users to spend their productive time on the creative aspects of their work.
- It preserves the formatting information during file transfers between applications or work-stations. Hence, the need for rebuilding the effects and sequences is eliminated.
The OMFI format consists of four primary sections namely Header, Object data, Object dictionary and Track data. The header contains an index of all the segments that constitute the file.
- "Multimedia Integration, Interaction and Interchange" (PDF). Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Crossing the tracks – the Open Media Framework Interchange". Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- Article at Cardiff University web site
- IABM Product Locator
- EdlMax Viewpoint
- About OMF
- OMF File Specifications 2.1
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|