Open Neural Network Exchange
|Initial release||September 2017|
1.9.0 / 19 April 2021
|Written in||C++, Python|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Type||Artificial intelligence ecosystem|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
The Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX) [ˈo:nʏks] is an open-source artificial intelligence ecosystem of technology companies and research organizations that establish open standards for representing machine learning algorithms and software tools to promote innovation and collaboration in the AI sector. ONNX is available on GitHub.
In September 2017 Facebook and Microsoft introduced a system for switching between machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch and Caffe2. Later, IBM, Huawei, Intel, AMD, ARM and Qualcomm announced support for the initiative.
In November 2019 ONNX was accepted as graduate project in Linux Foundation AI.
In October 2020 Zetane Systems became a member of the ONNX ecosystem.
The initiative targets:
Allow developers to more easily move between frameworks, some of which may be more desirable for specific phases of the development process, such as fast training, network architecture flexibility or inferencing on mobile devices.
Each computation dataflow graph is a list of nodes that form an acyclic graph. Nodes have inputs and outputs. Each node is a call to an operator. Metadata documents the graph. Built-in operators are to be available on each ONNX-supporting framework.
- Neural Network Exchange Format
- Comparison of deep learning software
- Predictive Model Markup Language an XML-based predictive model interchange format
- PicklingTools: an open-source collection of tools for allowing C++ and Python systems to share information quickly and easily.
- "Release 1.9.0". 19 April 2021. Retrieved 16 May 2021.
- @onnxai (March 13, 2018). "Hi Hu, it's not spelled the same, but pronounced the same as Onyx" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Microsoft and Facebook's open AI ecosystem gains more support". Engadget. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "Microsoft and Facebook create open ecosystem for AI model interoperability - Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit". Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit. 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- Boyd, Eric (2017-09-07). "Microsoft and Facebook create open ecosystem for AI model interoperability - Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit". Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- onnx: Open Neural Network Exchange, Open Neural Network Exchange, 2017-10-11, retrieved 2017-10-11