Open source (disambiguation)
|Look up open source or open-source in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Open source denotes that a product includes permission to use its source code, design documents, or content (see open source and open content – the latter deals with non-software deliverables or where the distinction between source code and other content is unclear or complex).
It may also mean:
- Open-source software, software which permits the use and modification of its source code
- History of open-source software
- Open-source software movement
- Open-source software advocacy
- Open-source software development
- Business models for open-source software
- Comparison of open-source and closed-source software
- Open-source license, a copyright license that makes the source code available with a product
- The Open Source Definition, as used by the Open Source Initiative for open source software
- Open source video games, video games developed as open source
- Open Source Initiative, an organization dedicated to promote open source
- Open Source Development Labs (OSDL), a non-profit corporation that provides space for open-source project
In economy and agriculture
- Open-source hardware, or open hardware, computer hardware, such as microprocessors, that is designed in the same fashion as open source software
- Open Source Seed Initiative, open source varieties of crop seeds, as an alternative to patent-protected seeds sold by large agriculture companies.
- Open-source cola, cola soft drinks made to open-sourced recipes
- Open-source governance, open source in government
- Open politics (sometimes known as Open-source politics), a political process that uses Internet technologies to provide a rapid feedback mechanism between political organizations and their supporters
- Open-source religion in the creation of belief systems
- Open-source unionism, an innovative model for labor union organization
- Open-source intelligence, an intelligence gathering discipline based on information collected from open sources
- Open security, application of open source philosophies to computer security
- Open Source Drug Discovery, a collaborative drug discovery platform for neglected tropical diseases
- Open Source Technology Group (OSTG), news, forums, and other resources for IT
- "Open Source", a rocksong performed by The Magic Mushrooms
- Open Source (radio show), a ratio show using open content information gathering methods hosted by Christopher Lydon
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Open source.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.