||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2010)|
|Headquarters||North Miami, Florida, U.S.|
James Caan Co-Founder & ChairmanAlan Melikdjanian, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer
|Slogan(s)||Where creativity meets opportunity|
|Alexa rank||241,676 (April 2014[update])|
|Type of site||video sharing|
(required to upload, comment and rate videos)
|Available in||5 languages (En, Es, De, Fr, It)|
|Launched||July 22, 2008 / June 5, 2008|
Openfilm is a website for finding and distributing independent film. Its Advisory Board includes members of the film industry, such as James Caan, Robert Duvall, Scott Caan and Mark Rydell, and independent filmmaker Alan Melikdjanian.
Open The site was named "Best Online Video Sharing Site" by Videomaker Magazine in their 2008 "Best Products of the Year" feature. Openfilm Studios is the co-located production arm of Openfilm's independent filmmaker community.
Openfilm has recently hosted its first Get It Made competition, for a chance to win a $200,000 budget to transform a short film into a feature. The top six user-submitted films are determined by popular vote, at which point a panel of film industry professionals decide the winner.
- Lewin, Elisabeth (Jan 29, 2009). "Openfilm Rewards Indie Filmmakers with $500". PodcastingNews.
- "Openfilm.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Morris, Chris (April 2010). "Website offers filmmakers aid". Variety.
- "Videomaker's 2008 Best Online Video-Sharing Site: Openfilm". Videomaker. February 2009.
- OpenFilm "Get It Made" competition