A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2010)
|Type of business||Public|
Type of site
|Available in||5 languages (En, Es, De, Fr, It)|
|Headquarters||North Miami, Florida, U.S.|
|Key people||James Caan Co-Founder & Chairman Alan Melikdjanian, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer|
(required to upload, comment and rate videos)
|Launched||July 22, 2008 / June 5, 2008|
Openfilm was a website for finding and distributing independent film. Its advisory board included members of the film industry, such as James Caan, Robert Duvall, Scott Caan and Mark Rydell, and independent filmmaker Alan Melikdjanian.
Openfilm closed in August 2015.
- Lewin, Elisabeth (January 29, 2009). "Openfilm Rewards Indie Filmmakers with $500". PodcastingNews.
- Morris, Chris (April 2010). "Website offers filmmakers aid". Variety.
- "Videomaker's 2008 Best Online Video-Sharing Site: Openfilm". Videomaker. February 2009.
- Archive of openfilm.com shortly before its closure.
- “50 Best Websites for Moviemakers 2009”, MovieMaker.
- “Openfilm Offers Film Lovers and Filmmakers a Place to Shine”, Mashable.