|Developer(s)||Maxim Solodovnik, Sebastian Wagner, community|
3.1.1 / March 20, 2016
|Operating system||Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Novell SUSE Linux, Ubuntu|
|Type||Collaborative workspace, Web conferencing|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
OpenMeetings is software used for presenting, online training, web conferencing, collaborative whiteboard drawing and document editing, and user desktop sharing. The product is based on OpenLaszlo RIA framework and Red5 media server, which in turn are based on a number of open source components. Communication takes place in virtual "meeting rooms" which may be set to different communication, security and video quality modes. The recommended database engine for backend support is MySQL. The product can be set up as an installed server product, or used as a hosted service.
Public facilities include the Centre of Competence in Open Source Sweden / Finland, the educational intranet "Koblenzer Schulnetz" in Koblenz, Germany and two public demo-servers.
OpenMeetings is a project of the Apache Software Foundation.
OpenMeetings is used for web conferencing in FOSS e-learning solution Moodle and Atutor. It was first integrated as a replacement for the proprietary, Flash server based, video conference tool in Dokeos and started from there as an independent open-source application (developed by Sebastian Wagner at the time). Later OpenMeetings community developed integration with several CMS, CRM and other systems.
Starting from 2012 OpenMeetings progress is presented each year at the ApacheCon.
Open Meetings implements the following features:
- Audio communication
- Video conferencing
- Meeting recording
- Screen sharing
- Collaborative document editing
- Chat and white boarding
- User and room management
- Mobile client for Android
- "Downloads - openmeetings - Open-Source Web-Conferencing - Google Project Hosting". Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Internationalisation - openmeetings - This Page should documentate the progress of internationalisation - Open-Source Web-Conferencing - Google Project Hosting". Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- Stewart, Ryan (2007-06-04). "openmeetings - Open source video conferencing and collaboration with OpenLaszlo | ZDNet". Blogs.zdnet.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Les Editions Diamond". Ed-diamond.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "OpenMeetings, An OpenLaszlo Based Video-Conferencing Solution". May 26, 2007. Archived from the original on October 6, 2009. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Huff, Mark. "Using Moodle: new VideoConferencing Plugin(s) for OpenMeetings 0.5.1". Moodle.org. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "ATutor: Learning Content Management System: Download:". Atutor.ca. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Dokeos 1.8.4 installation guide". Dokeos.svn.sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- [dead link]
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|