Operation Eagle Ares
|Operation Eagle Ares|
|Part of Iraq War|
| United States Army
New Iraqi Army
|Commanders and leaders|
| Abboud Qanbar
|Casualties and losses|
Troops of the 4th Brigade, Iraqi 6th Division and Soldiers of the 2nd Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) out of Fort Drum, N.Y., air assaulted in the area, and then began searching reeds along canals for weapons caches.
The combined air assault detained 29 men on the Iraqi army’s list of persons of interest, and 14 others who were identified by sources as terrorists. Three other men detained were taken for questioning on suspicion of terrorist activity.
The detainees were taken to FOB Mahmudiyah for questioning.
- 2nd Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry)
- 4th Brigade, 6th Iraqi Army Division
Iraq Related Articles
Terrorism, Bombings and Insurgency Related
- Iraq Insurgency
- Suicide bombings in Iraq since 2003
- Bombings and terrorist attacks of the Iraq War
- Terrorist attacks of the Iraq War
- United States casualties of war
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Iraq Body Count project
- Violence against academics in post-invasion Iraq
|This article about a military operation in the history of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|