Operation Full Disclosure
|Part of the Israel-Iran proxy conflict|
Official IDF photo showing operation Full Disclosure task force
|Planned by||Israeli Navy|
|Objective||Seize merchant vessel KLOS C|
|Date||5 March 2014|
|Executed by||Shayetet 13, INS Hanit, INS Hetz|
|Outcome||Successful Israeli naval interception|
Operation Full Disclosure (Hebrew: מבצע חשיפה מלאה) was a military operation carried out by the Israel Defense Forces on March 5, 2014 in the Red Sea. After days of surveillance far out to sea, Israeli Navy Shayetet 13 commandos seized the Iranian-owned and Panamanian-registered merchant vessel Klos C that had set sail from Iran, heading for Port Sudan via Iraq. On board, the commandos found long-range missiles destined for Gaza concealed in containers full of Iranian bags marked as Portland cement. An unnamed senior Egyptian security official reportedly confirmed that the arms shipment was headed for militants in either Gaza or Sinai. A UN panel of experts concluded that the weapons came from Iran and were being sent to Sudan, accusing Iran of violating the arms embargo. United Nations Security Council Resolution 1929 authorizes states to seize items, including arms, that Iran is forbidden from exporting.
- Francop Affair – Similar seizure of Iranian weaponry on the high seas
- Karine A Affair – Similar seizure of Iranian weaponry on the high seas
- Gaza flotilla raid – Where a ship attempting to break the blockade of Gaza was boarded and seized
- Victoria Affair – Ship carrying Iranian weapons bound from Syria to Hamas in Gaza and captured by Israel
- Israel–Iran proxy conflict
- Operation Full Disclosure - Israel Defense Forces
- "Iranian arms vessel captured by IDF docks in Eilat". The Jerusalem Post - JPost.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Iran weapons ship: Behind the scenes of IDF 'Operation Full Disclosure'". ynet. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Egypt: Iranian arms ship destined for Sinai or Gaza". ynet. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "UN experts confirm: Arms shipment seized by Israel in March came from Iran". The Jerusalem Post - JPost.com. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Yehoshua, Yossi (March 6, 2014). בראש הכוח עמדה אח"י חנית שנפגעה בלבנון. Ynet (in Hebrew). Retrieved September 27, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Operation Full Disclosure.|
- Official press releases and media