||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Operation Homefront is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in San Antonio, Texas and Arlington, Virginia. Its stated mission is to “build strong, stable, and secure military families so that they can thrive in the communities they have worked so hard to protect.” The current CEO and President is John I. Pray, Jr., Brig Gen, USAF (Ret).
Operation Homefront currently provides services to military families with 17 field offices all 50 states. Areas not served by a field office are served by the national office. Operation Homefront does not currently operate outside of the United States. It has an annual revenue of $62 million.
Operation Homefront was formed in 2002, to support the families of deployed service members immediately following the events of Sept. 11, 2001. The increased deployments and strain on military families lead to the creation of an organization “that provides emergency assistance for U.S. military troops, the families they leave behind, and wounded servicemen when they return home.” Since inception,the organization reports serving more than 14,000 families with over $20 million dollars in support.
Operation Homefront focuses its efforts on relief, resiliency and recurring support for military and veteran families. It offers a variety of programs intended to achieve this goal including:
- Critical Assistance Program: financial assistance for critical needs such as rent, utilities, and food assistance.
- Transitional Housing: Operation Homefront Villages
- Permanent Housing: Homes on the Homefront,
- Recurring Support Programs include Star Spangled Baby Showers, Back-To-School Brigade, Holiday Meals for Military, Holiday Toy Drive, and Military Child of the Year Award,.
Evaluation by Charity Oversight Organizations
Operation Homefront is consistently recognized for superior performance by leading independent charity oversight groups.
- Operation Homefront has received a 4-star Charity Navigator rating, the highest award offered, for nine years in a row.
- “A” Rating from CharityWatch
- Meets all 20 Accountability Standards of the Better Business Bureau
- Named as a “Best Charity for Your Donations” by Consumer Reports in 2016.
-  http://cms.operationhomefront.net/media/386148/oh-2015-annual_report_web-final.pdf