From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Outflank was the first combat operation of the British Pacific Fleet (BPF). It was a series of raids by the Fleet Air Arm on the oil refineries and storage facilities of the Empire of Japan on the island of Sumatra:
- Operation ROBSON (20 December 1944)
- Operation LENTIL (4 January 1945)
- Operation MERIDIAN I (24 January 1945)
- Operation MERIDIAN II (29 January 1945)
- Winton, John (1970). The Forgotten Fleet: The British Navy in the Pacific, 1944–1945. New York: Coward-McCann.