Operation Planet X
|Operation Planet X|
|Part of The War on Terrorism,
Operation Iraqi Freedom
| United States
During Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Planet X was a US Army mechanized raid conducted on a village near Ad Dawr and Al Dur, 11 miles (18 km) north of Tikrit on the night of 15 May 2003 by elements of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, U.S. 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse in search of Ba'ath party members and militants.
The name of the operation may have been inspired by the cartoon Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century.
Military Units Involved
- US forces reported to be involved were
- 1st Brigade Combat Team, U.S. 4th Infantry Division
- Task Force Ironhorse
- 1st Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
- Iraqi Units involved
No US, Coalition or Iraqi casualties or deaths were reported during the operation.
- On point II : transition to the new campaign: the United States Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom, May 2003-January 2005. Government Printing Office. p. 623. ISBN 978-0-16-087243-3.
- Statistics source: GlobalSecurity.org: Operation Planet X
|This article about a military operation in the history of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|