0.9.5.6 / July 31, 2010
It has native support for several microformats:
- adr (adr spec) (postal addresses)
- hCard (contact/ address information)
- hCalendar (events)
- Geo (geographic coordinates)
and is extensible, in that users can add new actions for the included microformats, or specify additional microformat recognition.
Operator was written by Mike Kaply of IBM. It forms the basis for Firefox 3's microformats API, allowing native support, but has no direct user interface, due to lack of consensus on the implementation in the GUI.
- Faaborg, Alex (December 16, 2006). "Microformats - Part 3: Introducing Operator". Archived from the original on February 2, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Firefox Extensions". microformats.org. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- Harris, Jacob (2007-12-05). "The Magical Minimalism of Microformats". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Microformat Support on MapQuest Local". MapQuest. 2008-09-25. Archived from the original on 2009-02-18. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- Gilbertson, Scott (2008-05-22). "What Happened to the Microformats Support in Firefox 3". Wired. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Introducing Operator". Mozilla labs. Mozilla. 2006-12-16. Archived from the original on 2009-01-22. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Using microformats". Mozilla Developer Center. Mozilla. 2008-06-09. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|