Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Opisthonema oglinum (Atlantic thread herring)|
T. N. Gill, 1861
Opisthonema, the thread herrings, is a genus of herring found in tropical waters of the Western Hemisphere. They get their name from a filamentous nature of the last ray of the dorsal fin. There are currently five members of this genus.
- Opisthonema berlangai Berry & Barrett, 1963 (Galapagos thread herring)
- Opisthonema bulleri (Regan, 1904) (Slender thread herring)
- Opisthonema libertate (Günther, 1867) (Pacific thread herring)
- Opisthonema medirastre Berry & Barrett, 1963 (Middling thread herring)
- Opisthonema oglinum (Lesueur, 1818) (Atlantic thread herring)
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2011). Species of Opisthonema in FishBase. June 2011 version.
|This Clupeiformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|