|Founded||October 10, 2004|
|Founder||Tony Chen (陈明永)|
|Tony Chen (CEO)|
Number of employees
|Parent||BBK Electronics (广东欧加通信科技有限公司)|
|Literal meaning||Guangdong Oppo Mobile Communication Co., Ltd.|
Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd, doing business as OPPO,[a] is a Chinese consumer electronics and mobile communications company headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong. Its major product lines include smartphones, smart devices, audio devices, power banks, and other electronic products.
In June 2016, OPPO became the biggest smartphone manufacturer in China, selling its phones at more than 200,000 retail outlets. OPPO was the top smartphone brand in China in 2019 and was ranked No. 5, in market share, worldwide.
The South Korean boy band 2PM prepared a song known as "Follow Your Soul" in a promotional deal with OPPO for launching its brand in Thailand in 2010. In June 2015, the company signed an agreement with FC Barcelona to become a sponsor of the Spanish football club.
OPPO hires celebrity endorsers in Vietnam. Sơn Tùng M-TP endorsed three smartphone units: Neo 5, Neo 7, and F1s. Oppo made a sponsorship to one of Vietnam's top-rated reality shows, The Face Vietnam.
In 2019, OPPO became a sponsoring partner of the French Open tennis tournament held in Roland-Garros, Paris. The same year, they also became a sponsoring partner of Wimbledon for 5 years as the first official smartphone partner.
Starting with the 2019 World Championship, OPPO is the exclusive global smartphone partner for League of Legends esports through 2024, Oppo will have year-round activations centered around the sport’s three annual global tournaments: the Mid-Season Invitational, the All-Star Event, and the World Championship.
Headphones and amplifiers
In 2014, OPPO released a number of high end headphones and amplifiers. The flagship PM-1 and PM-2 headphones along with the HA-1 desktop amplifier have been heavily promoted in the audio community. One blogger declares the PM-1 is "near to perfect".
Released in 2015, the HA-2, was a portable version of the HA-1 amp/DAC, which featured a battery pack option and a stitched leather casing. The phone played music in real-time to the HA-2 (via the included Android micro USB cable or iOS lightning cable, or USB cable if from PC). It also can be charged using an included "rapid charger" charging kit. The battery pack feature can only be used simultaneously while the HA-2 is used to play music if the playing (source) device is an Apple iOS device. In October 2016, an updated version was released with a new DAC chip and now named HA-2SE. Otherwise, it was the same as the HA-2.
- OPPO Digital, similarly named to OPPO, is an independent company that designed and markets audio and video equipment.
- Stylized in lowercase in its logo (oppo).
- "Technology as an art form". Oppo. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- "TECHNOXMART | OPPO Becomes the Leading Smartphone Brand in China in June 2016". www.technoxmart.com. Archived from the original on 28 July 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Upstarts on top / How OPPO and Vivo are beating Apple, Xiaomi and the gang. Economist, 4–10 February 2017, page 56.
- "Q2 smartphones: Samsung grows, Huawei slows and Apple flows". telecoms.com. Archived from the original on 1 August 2019. Retrieved 7 August 2019.
- Hotmaster121 (25 May 2019). "[M/V] TECHNOXMART". Retrieved 25 May 2019 – via Web Url.
- "Launched OPPO F7 with Bezel-Less Display and 25 Megapixel Camera in India; Price, Specification". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "OPPO phones". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "OPPO Reno Series Launch on May 28 in India: Check Prices, Reno 10X Zoom Edition Models, Reno Specifications". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Oppo Biography - Founders, Company Value, History, Top Sold Mobiles, Owner | eBiographyPost". Oppo Biography - Founders, Company Value, History, Top Sold Mobiles, Owner | eBiographyPost. Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- Galaxy, F. T. T. (27 February 2021). "OPPO". FTT World. Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- "Why Sơn Tùng M-TP is called the 'Prince of V-pop'". South China Morning Post. 12 July 2021. Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- Động, Công ty Cổ phần Thế Giới Di. "Thành công của OPPO Việt Nam không thể không nhắc đến Sơn Tùng M-TP". Thegioididong.com (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- user. "OPPO Reno6 5G and Reno6 Z 5G revealed with Son Tung MTP". Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- Pinto, Viveat Susan (8 March 2017). "Oppo wins sponsorship rights for Team India in record bid". Business Standard India. Retrieved 13 October 2021.
- "Oppo signs up as first Asian sponsor of Wimbledon Championships". The Drum. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "Oppo joins LOL esports as new global partner". League of Legends. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- "OPPO PM-2 Headphone Review". www.AudiophileON.com. Archived from the original on 29 May 2015. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "OPPO Watch深度评测：最美安卓手表居然如此面面俱到". smzdm.com (in Chinese). 26 March 2020. Retrieved 20 September 2020.