|Mandarin||Guǎngdōng Ōupò Yídòng Tōngxìn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī|
|Literally||Guangdong Opper Mobile Communication Co., Ltd.|
|Founder||Tony Chen (陈明永)|
|Tony Chen (CEO)|
|Products||Hi-fi, home theatre, audiovisual, smartphones|
Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd, stylized as oppo, is a Chinese consumer electronics and mobile communications company headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong. It is a subsidiary of BBK Electronics along with Vivo, OnePlus and Realme. The Oppo Logo changed in 2019 after the launch of Oppo Reno. Its major product lines include smartphones, audio devices, Blu-ray players, and other electronic products.
The brand name OPPO was registered in China in 2001 and launched in 2004. Since then, they have expanded to all parts of the world.
In June 2016, OPPO became the biggest smartphone manufacturer in China, selling its phones at more than 200,000 retail outlets. OPPO was the top smartphone brand in China in 2019 and was ranked No. 5, in market share, worldwide.
The South Korean boy band 2PM prepared a song known as "Follow Your Soul" in a promotional deal with OPPO for launching its brand in Thailand in 2010. In June 2015, the company signed an agreement with FC Barcelona to become a sponsor of the Spanish football club.
In 2016, the Philippine Basketball Association tied up with this company as its official smartphone partner, beginning with the 2016 PBA Commissioner's Cup which began on 10 February.
OPPO hires celebrity endorsers in Vietnam. Sơn Tùng M-TP endorsed three smartphone units: Neo 5, Neo 7, and F1s. OPPO made a sponsorship to one of Vietnam's top-rated reality shows, The Face Vietnam.
In 2017, OPPO won the bid to sponsor the India national cricket team which allows their logo to be used on the team's kits from 2017 to 2019.
In 2019, OPPO became a sponsoring partner of the French Open tennis tournament held in Roland-Garros, Paris. The same year, they also became a sponsoring partner of Wimbledon for 5 years as the first official smartphone partner.
Headphones and amplifiers
In 2014, OPPO released a number of high end headphones and amplifiers. The flagship PM-1 and PM-2 headphones along with the HA-1 desktop amplifier have been heavily promoted in the audio community. One blogger declares the PM-1 is "near to perfect".
Released in 2015, the HA-2, was a portable version of the HA-1 amp/DAC which featured a battery pack option as well as a stitched leather casing. The phone played music in real-time to the HA-2 (via the included Android micro USB cable or iOS lightning cable, or USB cable if from PC). It also can be charged using an included "rapid charger" charging kit. The battery pack feature can only be used simultaneously while the HA-2 is used to play music if the playing (source) device is an Apple iOS device. In October 2016 an updated version was released with a new DAC chip and now named HA-2SE. Otherwise, it was the same as the HA-2.
- Oppo Digital, similarly named to OPPO but an independent company under parent BBK Electronics which designed and markets audio and video equipment.
- Realme, formerly a brand of OPPO, but was incorporated as a member of the BBK Electronics family in May 2018. It is unclear whether the corporation is still owned by OPPO, or if ownership was transferred directly to BBK.
- OnePlus, a corporation founded in 2013 that is a subsidiary of OPPO.
- Vivo, another major phone company owned by BBK Electronics.
- "About Us - OPPO Global". www.oppo.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "TECHNOXMART | OPPO Becomes the Leading Smartphone Brand in China in June 2016". www.technoxmart.com. Archived from the original on 28 July 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Upstarts on top / How OPPO and Vivo are beating Apple, Xiaomi and the gang. Economist, February 4th-10th 2017, page 56.
- "Q2 smartphones: Samsung grows, Huawei slows and Apple flows". telecoms.com. Archived from the original on 1 August 2019. Retrieved 7 August 2019.
- Hotmaster121 (25 May 2019). "[M/V] TECHNOXMART". Retrieved 25 May 2019 – via Web Url.
- "Launched OPPO F7 with Bezel-Less Display and 25 Megapixel Camera in India; Price, Specification". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "OPPO phones". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "OPPO Reno Series Launch on May 28 in India: Check Prices, Reno 10X Zoom Edition Models, Reno Specifications". technoxmart.com. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Oppo signs up as first Asian sponsor of Wimbledon Championships". The Drum. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "OPPO PM-2 Headphone Review". www.AudiophileON.com. Archived from the original on 29 May 2015. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "OPPO Watch深度评测：最美安卓手表居然如此面面俱到". smzdm.com (in Chinese). 26 March 2020. Retrieved 20 September 2020.