|Industry||Laser Surveying, Lidar|
|Headquarters||Vaughan, Ontario, Canada|
Allan Carswell (Founder)Donald Carswell (President)
|Slogan||The Lidar Company|
|Website||Optech Incorporated home page|
Robert D. Richards, Optech's former Space Division director, received an honorary doctorate (Doctor of Space Achievement honoris causa) from the International Space University which he co-founded with Peter Diamandis and Todd Hawley in 1987.
The company is described as a world leader in laser-based survey instruments and has 33 years of experience in lidars. Optech Incorporated created the world's first purpose-built mobile lidar platform, the Lynx Mobile Mapper, released in 2007.
Association with Phoenix
The company designed the lidar (laser radar) of the Meteorological Station Lidar Sensor (MET) on the Phoenix Mars lander. The lidar was built in collaboration with MDA Space Missions, Canadian Space Agency, and scientists from Canada and United States.
Dr Carswell was also the originating Canadian Principal Investigator for the Phoenix mission.
- "Optech's Founder, Dr. Allan Carswell, honored with the John H. Chapman Award of Excellence by the Canadian Space Agency" (Press release). Toronto, Ontario: Optech Incorporated. 25 May 2006. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Optech Space Division Director receives Honourary [sic] Doctorate" (Press release). Toronto, Ontario: Optech Incorporated. 2005-08-29. Retrieved 2012-11-24.
- "Partners in the Phoenix Mission". Canadian Space Agency. 2008-05-14.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Teledyne Increases Ownership Stake in Optech". Teledyne DALSA Inc. 2012-04-03.
- "Flight Hardware". Optech Incorporated. 2006. Retrieved 2012-11-24.
- "Mars mission a giant leap for York's space scientists". Y-File, York University's News Source. York University. 2003-08-06.
- Optech (2007-07-31). "Optech Plays Key Role in NASA's Phoenix Mars Mission". Vaughan, Ontario: GISuser.com. Retrieved 2012-11-24.