Oquaga Creek State Park
|Oquaga Creek State Park|
Arctic Lake at Oquaga Creek State Park.
|Location||5995 County Route 20
Bainbridge, New York
|Nearest city||Bainbridge, New York|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||53,495 (in 2014)|
|Website||Oquaga Creek State Park|
Oquaga Creek State Park is a state park in Broome County and Delaware County, near their border with Chenango County, in the U.S. state of New York. The park is partially in the Town of Masonville and partly in the Town of Sanford. Broome County Road 241 passes through the park.
Oquaga Creek State Park has 90 campsites, one full-service cottage, and several "rustic" cabins. A limited number of seasonal campsites are also available. There are six miles (9.7 km) of hiking trails which offer views of wildlife such as deer, weasels, and various birds, in addition to wild plants such as wild blueberries and wild grapes. Many of the campsites are lined with raspberry bushes and wild strawberries.
Arctic Lake, with a surface area of 55 acres (0.22 km2), is available for fishing, and its beach is open to swimmers. In the winter, the lake is used for ice fishing and skating.
The park was closed for camping during the 2010 season due to New York State's budget shortfalls, however the park's campground re-opened in summer 2011.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Oquaga Creek State Park - Getting There". Nysparks.com. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Oquaga Creek State Park". Nysparks.com. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Oquaga Creek State Park Seasonal Camping Info" (PDF). Nysparks.com. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Bowers, Bill; McNulty-Bowers, Eileen (2010). 50 Hikes in Central New York's Leatherstocking Country: From Lake Ontario to the Southern Tier. Woodstock, Vt.: Countryman Press. pp. 204–208. ISBN 0881508179. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Oquaga Creek State Park". Professional Disc Golf Association. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
|This article about a location in Delaware County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Broome County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|