Ora Township, Jackson County, Illinois
Location in Jackson County
Jackson County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.73 sq mi (95.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.63 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.27%|
|Elevation||453 ft (138 m)|
|• Density||14/sq mi (5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62274, 62907, 62966, 62994|
|GNIS feature ID||0429497|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.73 square miles (95.1 km2), of which 36.63 square miles (94.9 km2) (or 99.73%) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (or 0.27%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Vergennes Township (east)
- Somerset Township (southeast)
- Levan Township (south)
- Kinkaid Township (southwest)
- Bradley Township (west)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Birkner, Creek Paum, Ditzler, Graff, Joubert, King, Underwood and Williamson.
- Elverado Community Unit School District 196
- Trico Community Unit School District 176
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 115
- State Senate District 58
- "Ora Township, Jackson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.