Oradea metropolitan area
|Oradea metropolitan area|
Oradea skyline at night
|Other localities||Biharia, Borş, Cetariu, Nojorid, Oșorhei, Paleu, Sânmartin, Sântandrei|
|Population (2011 census)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+40 x592|
|1w, x, y, and z are digits that indicate the street, part of the street, or even the building of the address
2x is a digit indicating the operator: 2 for the former national operator, Romtelecom, and 3 for the other ground telephone networks
Oradea metropolitan area (Romanian: Zona Metropolitană Oradea or short ZMO) is a metropolitan area located in Western Romania, in the County of Bihor, Crişana, Transylvania, Romania and was founded on 9 May 2005.
According to Eurostat, in 2007 Oradea had a larger urban zone of 218,518 residents on an area of 125 km2. As of 2015[update], the Oradea functional urban area has a population of 239,390 residents.
The metropolitan area comprises the city of Oradea and 8 adjacent communes:
Population and ethnic structure
In 2011, the population of the metropolitan area was 235,462.
The population structure comprises:
Oradea metropolitan area is a member of the METREX EU network.
- "Population at 20 October 2011" (in Romanian). INSSE. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Urban Audit Archived 2013-05-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Population on 1 January by age groups and sex - functional urban areas". Eurostat. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- Zona Metropolitană Oradea: Raportul de activitate 2005–2006
- Zona metropolitană Oradea - Prezentare multimedia
- [permanent dead link]
- Metropolitan Oradea Area - Osorhei