Oral, South Dakota
|Oral, South Dakota|
Rooftop in Oral
|Elevation||2,969 ft (905 m)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1265313|
A post office called Oral has been in operation since 1894. Some say Oral has the middle name of the first postmaster's son, while others believe the community was so named with the expectation the place would become something people would be talking about.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Oral
- "Oral, SD ZIP Codes". SD HomeTownLocator. HTL, Inc. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Fall River County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Federal Writers' Project (1940). South Dakota place-names, v.1-3. University of South Dakota. p. 52.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 110.
|This South Dakota state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|