Orang Kanaq language
Orang Kanaq language is one of the Aboriginal Malay languages and it is grouped under the Austonesian Language family. It is spoken by the Orang Kanaq, which is one of the 19 Orang Asli groups living in Peninsular Malaysia.
Orang Kanaq is a variant of Malay which is distinct from the dialects spoken by ethnic Malays living near them. All members of the Orang Kanaq tribe are able to understand the language. However, the language's lexicon has been largely influenced by the Malay language.
- Orang Asli
- Austronesian Languages
- Malay Languages
- Aboriginal Malay languages
- List of endangered languages in Asia
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Orang Kanaq". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- bin Abdul, Omar, 1978. The Orang Kanaq of southeastern Johor: a preliminary ethnography (No. 7). Social Anthropology Section, School of Comparative Social Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- bin Abdul, Omar. 1985. "The Diversified Economy of the Orang Kanaq of Southeastern Johor, Malaysia." Contributions to Southeast Asian Ethnography 4: 31–74.