Segerstrom Center for the Arts
Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
|Full name||Segerstrom Center for the Arts|
|Former names||Orange County Performing Arts Center|
|Address||600 Town Center Drive|
|Location||Costa Mesa, California|
|Operator||Public, non-profit organization|
|Type||Performing arts center|
|Capacity||Segerstrom Hall: 6,800|
Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall: 2,000
Samueli Theater: 375
Judy Morr Theater: 250
Julianne and George Argyros Plaza
|Expanded||2006 and 2017|
Philharmonic Society of Orange County
Segerstrom Center for the Arts, originally called Orange County Performing Arts Center, is a performing arts complex located in Costa Mesa, California, United States, which opened in 1986. The Center's Segerstrom Hall and Judy Morr Theater were designed by Charles Lawrence and opened in 1986. The Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, Samueli Theater and the Lawrence and Kristina Dodge Education Center opened in 2006, and were designed by Cesar Pelli, an architect who has received numerous awards and other honors for his work including the American Institute of Architects Gold Medal in 1995.
- Segerstrom Hall, 3,000-seat opera house-style theater appropriate for Broadway musicals, ballet, large productions.
- Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, 2,000-seat traditional concert hall with William J. Gillespie Concert Organ (C.B. Fisk Opus 130). It has 4,322 pipes and 75 stops, including 57 individual voices, 4 manual keyboards with 61 notes each., 1 pedal keyboard with 32 notes.
- Samueli Theater, the 375-seat multi-functional facility.suitable for jazz, cabaret, theater and special events.
- Judy Morr Theater, located in the Center for Dance and Innovation, a250-seat hall primarily used for rehearsals space by ballet companies and as the primary studio for the ABT Gillespie School.
- Julianne and George Argyros Plaza, 46,000-square-foot (4,300 m2) area with restaurant,permanent stage, public seating and picnic areas.
In addition, the Education Center includes the Studio Performance Space and Boeing Education Lab. The Center is home to the American Ballet Theatre William J. Gillespie School and School of Dance and Music for Children with Disabilities, Leatherby's Café Rouge, George's Café, Plaza Cafe and two private donor rooms.
Orange County Museum of Art
The Orange County Museum of Art has broken ground on a new facility on the Segerstrom Center for the Arts campus.
South Coast Repertory
The Tony Award-winning South Coast Repertory is also located on the Segerstrom Center for the Arts campus. It is widely regarded as one of America's foremost producers of new plays
- Description of the Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall Archived 2013-08-31 at the Wayback Machine on scfta.org. Retrieved 24 November 2013
- Background on Caesar Pelli onscfta.org. Retrieved 24 November 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Segerstrom Center for the Arts.|