Orange Glen High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Orange Glen High School|
2200 Glenridge Rd
|Established||1961; First graduating class 1964|
|School district||Escondido Union High School District|
|Color(s)||Blue, Red, White|
|Slogan||"Once a Patriot, Always a Patriot"|
|Rival||Escondido High School|
San Pasqual High School
Orange Glen High School (OGHS) is one of the five public high schools in the Escondido Union School District in Escondido, California. It was established in 1962. The school earned the California Distinguished School Award in 2007.
In the 2005-06 school year Orange Glen High School served 2,370 students from grades 9 to 12. It has six academic counselors. The school's yearbook is known as The Torch. The Musket school newspaper is part of the High School National Ad Network.
Orange Glen High School is a Division II school and a member of the Valley League. In the fall (August), student athletes may participate in cross country, football, girls tennis, girls volleyball, girls golf, marching band and cheerleading. In the winter (November), students can participate in boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, girls water polo, wrestling, cheerleading, drumline and marching band. In the spring (February), boys volleyball, baseball, softball, boys golf, boys tennis, boys and girls track, drumline, drum major, Winter Guard and Concert Band.
In 2014, boys basketball became the CIF Champions winning 60-38 against Tri-City Christian 
Girls Cross Country won the Division I title in 1995. As for individual champions, Pauline Stehly won the 3A title in 1983.
The football team won the 1967 county title under coach Dick Disney, after whom the school's stadium was named Dick Disney Field.
In 2007, the boys soccer team won the CIF San Diego Section Division II championships. It was the first CIF banner for the boys soccer team. They won their second CIF title on March 6, 2010, under the guidance of coach Colin Garon, defeating Westview High School 6-5 on penalty kicks after drawing 1-1 in regulation. Senior Adrian Gutierrez was named CIF Player of the Year. They were listed league champions in 2008, 2012, & 2013 having an undefeated season in 2012 & 2013.
In 2009 and 2010, the Orange Glen Drum Majors earned the Field Conducting Championship in World Drum Major Association (WDMA.) Since 2009, they have taken 4 field conducting championships and 7 total Championship accolades. The group was represented in the top 5 at Championships from 2009-2013 and is one of only two drum major programs to be represented in every WDMA Championship show in field conducting for 5 straight years, and the only program to be awarded at least one accolade in every Field Conducting Championship. The program has received at least one awarded placement in every drum major competition they have attended except one (Glendora 2012)since their inception in 2009 up until 2013.
In 2016, the girls soccer team won the CIF San Diego Section Division V Championships. It is the first CIF banner for the girls soccer team. They also won the League Title for the first time in 2017 and a second time in 2019.
Other athletics history
Several notable coaches at Orange Glen include Mike Solari, current Offensive Line Coach with New York Giants NFL Hall of Famer and former Oakland Raider Fred Biletnikoff in 1982 and current Colorado State co-offensive coordinator Dave Lay in 1988 
Cross Country athlete Andrew Piroutek competed at the NCAA Cross Country Championships In San Diego in 2006.
Tennis Coach Kevin Brown was awarded the Lifetime Distinguished Service Award by the San Diego Section CIF office in May 2015.
Boys Basketball, Coached by Chris Featherly, made it to semi-finals for the southern state championship in the 2016-17 school year.
- Tamara Damante - News Anchor for KESQ-TV in Palm Springs, CA 
- Travis Ryan - Vocalist of the band Cattle Decapitation
- Jesus Pilar - UCSD Alum
- Janese Swanson - co-developer of the Carmen Sandiego educational games, and founder of the company Girl Tech
- Ken Block - Rally Car Driver, and Founder of DC Shoes
- Brad Greetis - fullback for the Columbus Destroyers of the AFL
- Ryan Jaroncyk - a 1995 first round draft pick by the New York Mets
- Lenny McGill - former NFL star and current Denver Broncos scout
- Brett Salisbury - College football player and author
- Sean Salisbury (1981) - College football at USC, NFL Football player, and ESPN broadcaster.
- Virgil Zwicker - professional mixed martial artist, formerly competing for Strikeforce and Bellator MMA
- "Orange Glen High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- North County high schools make the grade with Newsweek : North County Times - Californian
- Orange Glen wildly celebrates title victory over Oceanside : North County Times - Californian
- "PREP BOYS SOCCER: Second straight shootout victory gives". San Diego Union-Tribune. 2010-03-06.
- The Raider Zone - Hall of Fame - Fred Biletnikoff
- Meisler, Natalie (August 5, 2007). "Veteran coach hopes to revisit good ol' days". Denver Post.
- Salisbury's number gets call at auction : North County Times - Californian
- Star-filled evening for local chamber
- Slatalla, Michelle (1999-09-30). "Inventor Fills Girls' Desire for Their Own Gadgets". New York Times.
- Columbus Destroyers Official Site
- Ryan Jaroncyk at The Baseball Cube
- "The forgotten season: when injuries and bad luck derailed high hopes". FishDuck. May 7, 2012. Retrieved April 17, 2013.