Orange High School (Ohio)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Orange High School|
|32000 Chagrin Boulevard
Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Orange City School District|
|Teaching staff||58.00 (on a FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||729 (2013-2014 school year)|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.57|
|Color(s)||Orange and Black|
|Fight song||Buckeye Battle Cry|
|Athletics conference||Chagrin Valley Conference|
|Rival||Beachwood High School, Chagrin Falls High School|
|Newspaper||The Orange Outlook|
|Yearbook||ORAN (Orange Annual)|
|Communities served||Moreland Hills, Pepper Pike, Woodmere, Hunting Valley, and Orange.|
Orange High School is a public high school located in Pepper Pike, Ohio, an eastern suburb in the Greater Cleveland metropolitan area and part of the Northeast Ohio region. Orange High School primarily serves the affluent communities that historically formed Orange Township, which are Hunting Valley, Moreland Hills, Pepper Pike, Orange and Woodmere. OHS is the only high school in the Orange City School District, which also includes Ballard Brady Middle School, and Moreland Hills Elementary School.
In 1924 the Orange Schools were consolidated from the individually operated Orange Township public schools. That year, the Foreman family donated the first 10 acres (40,000 m2) of property to ultimately comprise a 172-acre (0.70 km2) school district campus and the first Orange Schools building was opened on the current site of the high school. This facility was expanded numerous times to accommodate the growth of the five cities, Pepper Pike, Hunting Valley, Woodmere, Orange, and Moreland Hills, formerly comprising Orange Township.
In 1973, the current Orange High School's contemporary structure was expanded upon, built around and opened on the site of the original school building.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (April 2011)|
- Vanessa Bayer, current Saturday Night Live cast member
- Frank Cavanagh, musician, Filter
- Jacob Cramer, social activist
- Mark Rosewater, head designer for Magic: The Gathering
- JD Samson, musician, Le Tigre
- George Stephanopoulos, host of ABC's This Week, senior political adviser, press secretary and communications director for U.S. President Bill Clinton
- "Search for Public Schools-Search Detail for Orange High School". nces.ed.gov. US Department of Education. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- Orange City School District http://www.orangeschools.org. Retrieved 1 November 2014. Missing or empty
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.