Orange Park High School
|Orange Park High School|
|Orange Park, Florida
|School district||Clay County School District|
|Number of students||Around 2400|
|Color(s)||Black, Orange, And White|
|Athletics||Cheerleading,Golf, Tennis, Basketball, Soccer, Track, Cross Country, Dance, Swimming, Wrestling, Football, Baseball, Slow And Fast-Pitch Softball, Marching Band, Winterguard and Weight Lifting|
|Mascot||Raider Man/ Raider Women|
The athletic teams are known as the Raiders. In the 2008–2009 school year the school had nearly 3,000 students, increasing by 700 in just three years. However nearly 1000 students moved to the new Oakleaf High School for the 2010-2011 School year. Orange Park High School celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2011.
- The year of 2007-2008 had approximately 2,538 students and OPHS statistics indicated that 87% were college bound.
- The school has 164 classrooms.
- The 1992 football team was undefeated in the regular season, were ranked #1 in the state for most of the season, and were ranked as high as No. 15 in the United States by USA today. The 1992 team were Florida Star Conference champs, District 1-5A champs, and went to the Region 1-5A finals (Final Four), where they lost to Bradenton Manatee.
- The 2008 football team, the first led by Head Coach Danny Green, were Region 1-6A Division Champions and went to the 3rd round of the playoffs.
- The 2009 football team were also Region 1-6A Division Champions, and went undefeated season the entire regular season.
- The 2010 football team were Region 1-6A Division Champions, becoming the first team in Clay County history to win their district three consecutive years.
- The 1995 Boys Basketball Team was a Region 1-6A Finalist.
- The 2007 Boys Basketball Team went (27-3) and were champions of District 1-6A in both the regular season and in the district tournament, champions of the St. Johns River Athletic Conference, and made it to the finals of Region 1-6A.
- The 2001 Boys Soccer Team won the state championship and was ranked #3 in the United States.
- The NJROTC unit took 1st place at the Athletic, Academic & Drill National Championships for three consecutive years, 1991, 1992, and 1993. The 1994 unit came in 2nd place. The 1995 unit reclaimed the title again. Since then it has only managed a top ten finish once—a 6th-place finish in 2007, led by cadet commander Bill Owen.
- Adrian White (1982) - American football defensive back and current assistant coach for the Buffalo Bills.
- Brian Lee (1984) - Professional Wrestler (WWF, Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, TNA, USWA)
- Sid Roberson (1989) - former Major League Baseball pitcher with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Sahel Kazemi (2004–2005) - Involved in the murder-suicide incident that took the life of NFL star quarterback Steve McNair of the Tennessee Titans.