Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Location of Orange Township in Delaware County
|• Total||22.8 sq mi (59.0 km2)|
|• Land||21.0 sq mi (54.5 km2)|
|• Water||1.7 sq mi (4.5 km2)|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|• Density||1,248/sq mi (481.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086052|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Berlin Township - north
- Berkshire Township - northeast corner
- Genoa Township - east
- Westerville - southeast
- Sharon Township, Franklin County - south
- Perry Township, Franklin County - southwest corner
- Liberty Township - west
Several populated places are located in Orange Township:
- Part of the city of Columbus, the capital of Ohio, in the south
- Part of the city of Westerville, in the southeast
- The unincorporated community of Lewis Center, in the northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Children from Orange Township attend the Olentangy Local School District.
Orange Township has many parks, including an aquatic center that has a leisure pool with a kids area, water slides and a lap pool. Alum Creek State Park is also located within Orange Township, with access to boating, beach area and walking paths.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Orange township, Delaware County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Orange Township http://www.orangetwp.org/DocumentCenter/View/147. Retrieved 14 July 2014. Missing or empty
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.