Orange Township, Fayette County, Indiana
Location of Orange Township in Fayette County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||21.17 sq mi (54.8 km2)|
|• Land||21.14 sq mi (54.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|Elevation||1,030 ft (314 m)|
|• Density||34.8/sq mi (13.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453689|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 21.17 square miles (54.8 km2), of which 21.14 square miles (54.8 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.14%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Glenwood (southeast edge)
- Fairview Township (north)
- Connersville Township (northeast)
- Columbia Township (east)
- Laurel Township, Franklin County (southeast)
- Posey Township, Franklin County (south)
- Noble Township, Rush County (west)
- Union Township, Rush County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Old Friends Church and Orange-North.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Fayette County, Indiana. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 217.
- Barrows, Frederic Irving (1917). History of Fayette County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Bowen, B. F. p. 257.
|This Fayette County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|