Orange soft drink
Orange soft drinks (called orange soda or orange pop in certain regions of the United States and Canada, orangeade in the UK, aranciata in Italy, or the genericised trademark orangina in France) are carbonated orange drinks.
Non-carbonated orangeade, i.e. the direct orange analogue of lemonade, is also made, with brands such as Minute Maid, and blends like cherry orangeade and lemon-orangeade are also made in some places, with recipes being commonly available.
Orange soft drinks (especially those without orange juice) often contain very high levels of sodium benzoate, and this often imparts a slight metallic taste to the beverage. Other additives commonly found in orange soft drinks include rosin and sodium hexametaphosphate.
Orangeade first appeared as a variety of carbonated drink provided in soda fountains in American drugstores in the late 19th century, brands including Miner's and Lash's. A recipe for homemade orangeade appears in editions of Fannie Farmer's cookbook.
List of orange soft drink brands
- Appelsín, a popular soft drink from Iceland
- Aranciata from San Pellegrino
- Barr Orangeade
- Cactus Cooler (orange-pineapple)
- Cadbury Schweppes
- Celeste soda orange soda
- Cplus orange soda (Canada)
- Dr. Brown's orange soda
- Jaffa, popular in Sweden and Finland
- Jarritos, Barrilitos and other Mexican soft drink brands make orange- or mandarina-flavored soda.
- Jones Soda Co.
- Kas Naranja (made by PepsiCo in Spain, Mexico, and France)
- Minute Maid orange soda (bottled by Coca-Cola)
- Mirinda Orange
- Mountain Dew LiveWire (made by Pepsi)
- Naranjada (made by Postobón in Colombia)
- Orange Crush
- Orange Dream (made by Sprecher Brewery)
- Orangette (marketed by Walmart)
- Royal Crown
- Royal Tru-Orange (Philippines)
- Schin Laranja (Orange soda bottled by Schincariol in Brazil)
- Solo (Norway)
- Stewart's Orange'n Cream
- Sumol (Portugal)
- Tropicana orange soda (bottled by PepsiCo)
- Yedigün (made by PepsiCo in Turkey)
- Ade (drink suffix)
- List of brand name soft drinks products
- List of soft drink flavors
- Orange (fruit)
- Orange drink
- Orange juice
- Soft drink
- Lindsley, Adam (April 15, 2011). "Taste Test: Orange Soda". Serious Eats. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Grace, Roger M. (June 22, 2006). "Cadbury Schweppes Reigns Supreme Over Orange Soda Market". Metropolitan News-Enterprise. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Grace, Roger M. (June 8, 2006). "Nesbitt’s Orange Soda: Bright Star Went Black, Now Twinkles Dimly". Metropolitan News-Enterprise. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Willis, Nicola A. (October 27, 2010). "Readers found true blood orange soda". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Associated Press (September 2, 1985). "Coca-Cola testing juicy orange soda in U.S.". The Deseret News. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Rossman, Martin (March 13, 1979). "New Orange soda". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 18, 2012. (subscription required)
- "Natural orange juices added to Sunkist's new soft drinks". Los Angeles Times. December 19, 1985. Retrieved December 18, 2012. (subscription required)