Location in Collier County and the state of Florida
|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||4.4 sq mi (11.4 km2)|
|• Land||3.8 sq mi (9.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|• Density||1,155/sq mi (446.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1853271|
Orangetree is a census-designated place (CDP) in Collier County, Florida, United States. The population was 4,406 at the 2010 census, up from 950 in 2000. It is part of the Naples–Marco Island Metropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.4 square miles (11.4 km2), of which 3.8 square miles (9.9 km2) is land and 0.62 square miles (1.6 km2), or 13.60%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 950 people, 327 households, and 292 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 214.8 people per square mile (83.0/km²). There were 355 housing units at an average density of 80.3/sq mi (31.0/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 95.05% White, 1.26% African American, 0.11% Native American, 0.21% Asian, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 1.89% from other races, and 1.37% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 13.58% of the population.
There were 327 households out of which 45.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 80.1% were married couples living together, 6.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 10.7% were non-families. 10.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.91 and the average family size was 3.07.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 30.3% under the age of 18, 3.6% from 18 to 24, 32.6% from 25 to 44, 23.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 100.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $56,645, and the median income for a family was $57,614. Males had a median income of $39,297 versus $26,071 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,616. None of the families and 1.7% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Orangetree CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Attendance Zones Effective 2009-2010." District School Board of Collier County. Retrieved on September 18, 2009.
- "Orangetree CDP, Florida." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 18, 2009.