Orascom Construction Industries
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||LSE: ORSD|
|Onsi Sawiris, chairman, Nassef Sawiris, CEO|
|Revenue||US$ 4.03 Billion (2016)|
|US$ 678 Million w/ cement operations (2011)|
Orascom Construction SAE (OC) is an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contractor based in Cairo, Egypt. The company was Egypt's first multinational corporation and is one of the core Orascom Group companies. OC is one of the region’s largest corporations and is active in more than 25 countries.
OC was established in Egypt in 1950 and owned by Onsi Sawiris. OC owned and operated cement plants in Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, Pakistan, northern Iraq, North Korea and Spain, which had a combined annual production capacity of 21 million tonnes. In December 2007, OC announced the divestment of its cement group, Orascom Building Materials Holding (“OBMH”), the holding company for its cement group assets, to the French Lafarge. The sale closed in January 2008.
OC's Construction Group ranks among the world’s top global contractors and undertakes large industrial, infrastructure and select commercial projects for public and private customers principally in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
In 2013, Bill Gates Group invested $1 billion in Orascom Construction.
- "Orascom Construction Limited Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Orascom Construction. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Orascom Construction Industries S.A.E. Annual Report 2011" (PDF). orascomci.com.
- "Orascom Construction Industries S.A.E. announces OCI Invests in DPRK Cement". Market Wired. July 16, 2007.
- Hollinger, Peggy; England, Andrew (10 December 2007). "Lafarge buys Orascom Cement for €10bn". Financial Times. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- OCI/Lafarge transaction completion Orascom Construction Industries, undated
- "About Us". Orascom Construction Industries S.A.E.
- John Beniston, Jens Kommert ABB STOTZ-KONTAKT GmbH. "ABB i-bus® EIB / KNX References". knx-gebaeudesysteme.de. Archived from the original on 12 January 2008.
- "Bill Gates Group Invests $1 Billion in Orascom Construction". Bloomberg.com. 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2017-04-12.