14 June 1937|
|Died||18 December 1990
Orazio Orlando (14 June 1937 – 18 December 1990) was an Italian film, stage and television actor.
Life and career
Born in Naples, Orlando attended the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Rome for two seasons, in 1953-54 and in 1954-55, without graduating. He made his debut at 18, with the stage company of Renzo Ricci, along with Giorgio Albertazzi and Anna Proclemer. His first important participation was in Shakespeare's King Lear, in 1955. In 1958 he began his television career in the role of Tybalt in a successful adaptation of Romeo and Juliet; he took part to a great number of films, TV-series and television movies, but became popular in 1973 thanks to the interpretation of the Commissioner Solmi, in the television series Qui squadra mobile. About his film career, he is best remembered for his roles in Elio Petri's Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion and Property Is No Longer a Theft. He died of a heart attack on the stage of the Teatro Flaiano in Rome, at 53 years old, during the rehearsal of the play Ad Eva aggiungi Eva.
- Le bambole, segment "La minestra" (1965)
- Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (1970)
- Waterloo (1970)
- La supertestimone (1971)
- Ripped Off (1972)
- Gli ordini sono ordini (1972)
- The Adventures of Pinocchio (1972)
- It Was Me (1973)
- Property Is No Longer a Theft (1973)
- Lovers and Other Relatives (1974)
- The Perfume of the Lady in Black (1974)
- Policewoman (1974)
- The Flower in His Mouth (1975)
- L'Italia s'è rotta (1976)
- Evil Thoughts (1976)
- Maschio latino cercasi, segment "Gennarino l'emigrante" (1977)
- Il mostro (1977)
- Highway Racer (1977)
- Gangbuster (1977)
- Corleone (1977)
- Traffic Jam (1979)
- Tigers in Lipstick, segment "L'arabo" (1979)
- Speed driver (1980)
- Help Me Dream (1981)
- Scusa se è poco, segment "Trenta minuti d'amore" (1982)
- La donna delle meraviglie (1985)
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Gli artisti. Gli attori dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402697.
- F. Cappa, Piero Gelli, Marco Mattarozzi. Dizionario dello spettacolo del '900. Dalai editore, 1998. ISBN 8880892959.