From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up orbis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Orbis may refer to:
- The "Orbis Terrarum", a map of the world created by Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa in 20 A.D.
- Orbis, Rhineland-Palatinate, a municipality of the Kirchheimbolanden district (Verbandsgemeinde) in the German state of Rhineland-Palatinate
- Orbis Pictus, a 1658 children's book by Czech educator Jan Ámos Komenský
- Orbis Technology, a bookmaker software company now called OpenBet
- Orbis Technologies, an American semantic text analysis firm
- Orbis (Polish travel agency), a Polish travel agency, established in 1920
- Orbis Books, a publishing imprint of the Maryknoll order
- Orbis Publishing, a British publisher of partworks and books
- Orbis Pictus Award for outstanding children's nonfiction literature, awarded by the National Council of Teachers of English
- Orbis (journal), a quarterly journal of international affairs published by the Foreign Policy Research Institute
- Vanderbilt Orbis, a progressive student newspaper at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee
- Orbis (audio drama), a Doctor Who audio play, starring Paul McGann and Sheridan Smith
- Orbis, an alternative history novel by Scott Mackay
- Orbis Pictus (film), a 1997 Slovak film
- A fictional location in the MMORPG MapleStory
- Orbis International, the "Flying Eye Hospital," a charitable organization devoted to treating and preventing blindness
- The Orbis School, near Pune, India
- Orbis, codename for PlayStation 4, video game console developed by Sony
- Orbis, the Latin term for orbit (the eye socket)
- Orbis-Cascade Alliance, an academic library consortia with institutional members in the States of Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Orbis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.