Homepage of OSN Play.
|Joint venture between
|Founded||July 12, 2009|
|Headquarters||United Arab Emirates|
|Middle East and North Africa|
|Faisal Al Ayyar (Chairman, Panther Media Group Limited)
Martin Stewart (CEO, OSN)
|Footnotes / references
Coverage Area http://www.nilesat.com.eg/CoverageArea.aspx
Orbit Showtime Network (OSN, stylized as “osn”) is a direct-broadcast satellite provider serving the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). It offers popular entertainment content such as movies, sporting events and various TV shows from major networks and studios such as Warner Bros., Paramount, HBO, Fox, Disney, Sony, Zee Network, MGM, Universal, ESPN and DreamWorks  in addition to local versions specifically for the MENA region. As of 2015[update] OSN offers 154 television channels and 53 high-definition channels and 3D entertainment. OSN was formed as a result of merger of two of the Mideast's largest TV networks, Orbit and Showtime Arabia in 2009.
The OSN network is owned and operated by Panther Media Group Limited, a joint venture between KIPCO (60.5%) and Mawarid Holding (39.5%) and is registered in the DIFC. OSN's corporate headquarters and Broadcast Center are based in Dubai Media City in the United Arab Emirates.
OSN introduced several technologies and services in the Middle East market. In 2012 the OSN DVR HD was launched. OSN Play, an online TV platform; Plus HD, a 3D, HD, internet-enabled satellite receiver and recorder and OSN on Demand, the region's first VOD service were all launched in the same year.
In August 2013, OSN acquired Pehla Media & Entertainment, offering around forty channels in a variety of South Asian languages in the MENA region, with content such as Bollywood movies and cricket, including the ICC Cricket World Cup.
Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is a partnership between the Orbit Communications Company – a member of Riyadh-based Mawarid Holdings, and Showtime Arabia – a subsidiary of Kipco, the leading pay-TV operator in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Showtime Arabia, was launched in 1996 as a joint venture between KIPCO (79%) and CBS Corporation (21%) and six years after its launch became the number one satellite television platform in MENA. Showtime Arabia continued its growth in the region by adding a range of new channels and new services such as the “Showbox DVR’ System in 2005 which allowed subscribers to record different programs. In 2008, Showtime Arabia also introduced a video on-demand service, broadcasting full seasons of premier U.S. series and top Hollywood movies.
In late December 2015, Turner Broadcasting System Europe announced that it would move its pay TV channels from OSN to the rival beIN in January 2016; these include TCM, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang. However, due to their direct relations with Turner, Emirati telecoms Etisalat and du continue to offer these channels to their subscribers, along with numerous other IPTV providers in the Arab states of the Persian Gulf.
- OSN Yahala
- OSN News
- OSN Sports
- OSN Movies
- OSN Series
- OSN Kids Zone
- OSN Living starting February 1st 2018
- OSN LBCI 4K starting February 1st 2018 exclusively on OSN platform
- Discovery Life starting February 12nd 2018 on OSN
- OSN website.
- "OSN strengthens its presence in Qatar with new dealership". Zawya (Press release). OSN. November 19, 2013.
- Birkinbine, B.; Gomez, R.; Wasko, J. (2016). Global Media Giants. Taylor & Francis. p. 282. ISBN 978-1-317-40286-2. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- "Kuwait's KIPCO hires Rothschild to advise TV arm IPO". Reuters U.K. 22 June 2013.
- "OSN Play". OSN.
- "OSN launches Plus HD". mediaME. 17 September 2012.
- "OSN goes hybrid with new PVR". BroadcastPro Middle East. 5 November 2012.
- "OSN acquires Pehla". Khaleej Times. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- Pavlik, J.V. (2015). Digital Technology and the Future of Broadcasting: Global Perspectives. Electronic Media Research Series. Taylor & Francis. p. 116. ISBN 978-1-317-48695-4. Retrieved April 8, 2017.
- "Operator Briefing: Orbit Showtime Network (OSN)". Dataxis. June 2014.
- "OSN TV Packages". Du. EITC.
- "Packages". OSN.
- Joseph George (2015-12-31). "It's Official: CNN, Cartoon Network to be part of beIN network". Emirates 24/7. Dubai Media Incorporated.
- "Orbit Showtime Network opening string of UAE retail outlets". Gulf News Journal. December 15, 2015. Retrieved February 28, 2017.