|Developer(s)||The Tor Project|
|Initial release||1 October 2008|
15.2.0-RC-8-multi / 6 November 2016
|License||3-clause BSD license|
Orbot is a free software project to provide anonymity on the Internet for users of the Android operating system. It acts as an instance of the Tor network on such devices and allows traffic routing from a device's web browser, e-mail client, map program, etc., through the Tor network, providing anonymity for the user.
- Shakeel, Irfan (April 2011). "Orbot: Tor- Anonymous On Android". eHacking.net. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Farivar, Cyrus (15 February 2012). "From encryption to darknets: As governments snoop, activists fight back". Ars Technica. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Hathaway, Jay (19 April 2010). "Orbot offers anonymous browsing on Android, via Tor". Switched.com. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Orbot on Google Play
- Orbot Android package at the F-Droid repository
- Code repository
- Tor on Android. Tor Project.
|This article related to the Tor network is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|