|Developer(s)||The Tor Project|
|Initial release||1 October 2008|
16.0.0-RC-2 / 5 January 2018
|Preview release||15.2.0 RC 2 (29 October 2016) [±]|
|License||3-clause BSD license|
Orbot is a free software Proxy server project to provide anonymity on the Internet for users of the Android operating system. It acts as an instance of the Tor network on such devices and allows traffic routing from a device's web browser, e-mail client, map program, etc., through the Tor network, providing anonymity for the user.
- The Tor Project (2016-10-29). "Orbot: Proxy with Tor". Google Play. Google. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Shakeel, Irfan (April 2011). "Orbot: Tor- Anonymous On Android". eHacking.net. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Farivar, Cyrus (15 February 2012). "From encryption to darknets: As governments snoop, activists fight back". Ars Technica. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Hathaway, Jay (19 April 2010). "Orbot offers anonymous browsing on Android, via Tor". Switched.com. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Orbot on Google Play
- Orbot Android package at the F-Droid repository
- Code repository
- Tor on Android. Tor Project.
|This article related to the Tor network is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|